France at a Glance
Best Time to Visit
Modes of Transportation
Must-See Destinations in France
Alongside our France travel specialists, we have organized suggestions for the must-see places to visit along with a list of things to do in France. A custom Zicasso tour designs your trip around your goals, desires, and needs, but the following list is a brief guideline for highlights to consider when planning your France trip.
Paris | Normandy | Loire Valley | Burgundy | Bordeaux | Provance | French Riviera | Lyon | Avignon
- Discover the monuments of Paris like the Eiffel Tower, Arch de Triomphe, Notre Dame, and Sacré Coeur
- Shop the streets of Paris, including the Champs-Elysees
- WItness the marvels of history and master artists in the Louvre Museum and the Musee d’Orsay
- Explore the majestic colors and unique textures of Impressionists and post-Impressionists
- Appreciate the beauty of the Tuileries Garden and the Luxembourg Gardens
- Wander the grounds of the Palace of Versailles
- Experience the authentic flavors of Paris and greater France with a culinary tour
- Visit the regal estates and lavish palaces of the valley that embody famous designs
- Trace the life of the famous French general, Joan of Arc, inside the city of Orleans
- Wander through the Forteresse Royale de Chinon
- Indulge in the true culture of the Loire Valley
- Visit the stunning Abbey of Saint-Michel to view the mythical Gothic spires
- Stroll along the battlefields that are connected to the invasion of Normandy
- Witness the fascinating Bayeux Tapestry and explore the shores of Normandy
Best Time to Visit
Best Time to Visit France
The best time to visit France is in May and June or again in September and October. These months represent the shoulder season of travel, which offers great weather and smaller crowds.
The months you might choose to travel to France will also depend on your goals. For example, months like January and February offer the best opportunity for snow sports. June and early September are great for visiting the French Riviera, especially if you wish to lounge on the sand and enjoy the Mediterranean Sea. July and August are also great times to enjoy the warm weather, but are also the region’s peak season with pricing and crowds.
Modes of Transportation
Modes of Transportation in France
The best way to see France is with a combination of fast trains and private transfers. The TGV (Train à Grande Vitesse) trains are high-speed and quickly connect travelers to large cities across the country, such as Paris to Bordeaux or Lyon.
When traveling beyond destinations accessible by the TGV, private transfers are reliable, fast, and designed around your schedule, especially when traveling to the countryside. A private transfer also helps with carrying luggage, which can be challenging when traveling with large, heavy bags on a variety of trains.
What to Consider When Traveling Through France
When traveling on a France tour, you must consider certain aspects of travel, such as logistics, accessibility, and safety. The following information covers important travel considerations so that you can enjoy a stress-free experience in France.
Is France Safe for Travel?
France is safe for travelers. As with many major cities around the world, there is a risk of petty theft, such as pickpockets or scammers when in crowded areas. You should remain vigilant and keep an eye on your belongings, and stay aware of your broader surroundings.
Which airports should I be looking at?
The best airport to fly in and out of when visiting France is Paris’s Charles de Gaulle International Airport (CDG). The majority of flights from North America will fly directly to Paris, but flights from major airports on the East Coast of the United States often fly directly to Nice Cote d’Azur Airport (NCE).
The busiest airports in France are:
- Paris (CDG)
- Nice (NCE)
- Lyon (LYS)
Can Zicasso help me with flights?
Zicasso Air Desk is an international air ticketing service that eliminates the stress of finding and booking the right flights for your upcoming vacation. By employing the same personalized service you can expect from planning a trip with Zicasso, our competitive flight pricing, 24x7 service and support, and complimentary consultation of routing versus pricing with an expert flight specialist make finding the perfect flight for your trip effortless.
Does Zicasso assist with travel insurance?
You’ve booked your dream vacation, now protect it with travel insurance. A wide range of factors can leave your vacation in limbo. Medical emergencies, inclement weather, and unexpected cancellations can cause turmoil for your trip, so in the unlikely event of a disaster, get the travel insurance coverage that provides peace of mind. To get a quote, visit our travel insurance page.