Enjoy one of Europe's most undiscovered regions on this 14-day tour of Bordeaux, San Sebastian, Bilbao, and Santiago de Compostela. This transnational tour is customized for those who enjoy leisurely time as well as an active exploration of each destination they visit. By the time your trip concludes, you will be well-versed in the national charm of France, Spain, and the Basque Country.
Bordeaux – A Scenic Arrival
Despite being known as France’s Little Paris, the sublime city of Bordeaux encompasses the world's largest UNESCO-listed World Heritage site. This heritage site includes centuries-worth of historical treasures, a lively arts scene, and some of the best architecture to see in Southern France. After your arrival, a private transfer will convey you from the outskirts of the city into the heart of this magical and memorable setting. The remainder of the day will be yours to explore at your leisure or to follow the recommendations of your friendly hotel staff.
Bordeaux – The City's Illustrious Past
Bordeaux – Take to the Sea
Bordeaux – Sip Your Way Through France
San Sebastian – Transnational Road Trip
San Sebastian – Basque Walking Tour
San Sebastian – Bask in the Basque Region
Bilbao – Panoramic Road Trip
Bilbao – Europe's Contemporary Art Museum
Bilbao – Falling in Love with a Spanish Rioja
Santiago de Compostela – Following the Pilgrims
Santiago de Compostela – Strolling Through the Ages
Santiago de Compostela – The Treasures of Galicia
Santiago de Compostela – Departure
- Explore the UNESCO-protected beauty of Bordeaux on a walking tour through the cultural and culinary brilliance of this charming region of France
- Take to the sea on a traditional Pinasse tour of the Arcachon Bay and set off in search of your favorite oyster while visiting the famous seafood farms of the coast
- Sample the region's most well-known export when you explore the fertile countryside around Bordeaux and visit some panoramic wineries
- Embark on a transnational road trip into the heart of Basque Country and enjoying stops along the way at scenic overlooks and medieval villages
- Snack your way through San Sebastian on a tour of the colorful bars and counters full of savory pintxos that display the region's culinary skill
- Stroll along the famous waterfront of La Concha Beach, where European royalty once savored the bracing sea
- Scale the looming peak of Mt. Igueldo, where your efforts will be rewarded with some stunning views of the city and coastline
- Wander through the mesmeric interior of the Guggenheim Gallery, a preeminent contemporary art museum in Europe and one of Spains most popular attractions
- Compare Spanish wines with French ones on a trip into the adjacent Rioja wine region, where wineries compete to serve you the best of their vineyards
- Walk in the footsteps of centuries of pilgrims at Santiago de Compostela, where you cannot help but fall in love with the rustic city center
$10,915 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.96 stars based on
Reviewed By Michael T.
Reviewed By Lori A.
Reviewed By Linda W.
Reviewed By Sean C.
Reviewed By SUZANNE A.
Reviewed By Cesca L.