Jayde's Travel Agency
Based on 89 reviews
1) I really appreciate how fast you guys responded to issues that came up, and they were corrected quite quickly.
2) All of the guides that we had were excellent and really knowledgeable, especially the climbing guides.
3) The areas that we visited were quite good and I enjoyed the food in almost every place we went to.
1) I asked some very specific questions regarding gear prior to leaving the States. Had I listened to your colleagues and not brought equipment, I'm not sure we would have been able to do some of the things that were scheduled. I know that the mountaineering boots were the main one and, in your defense, yes, you can use crampons with hiking boots, but it's quite uncomfortable and one of the guests that did use them did struggle a bit with the hike.
Also, when we were doing the glacier hike in Valldal, our guide did not have mountaineering boots, so had we not brought our own, that hike would not have happened either. He indicated to us that their service does not provide those and that our travel company was informed of that. I realize a lot of people don't understand the difference between hiking boots, mountaineering boots, and how crampons adapt to those, but that is an important factor when it comes to mountaineering.
So all in all, I would recommend understanding the gear list prior to providing that to your guests. I also did ask to see if our travel agency asked about the gear list prior to these hikes and it is my understanding that this did not happen, which is quite disappointing for the total cost I spent on this trip. They informed me when I showed them that this was a standard list you guys use, which was quite evident when I compared the gear list they provide on the Svalbard cabin hike.
2) In regards to Svalbard, I had requested stopping at Pyramiden on the way to or back from the cabin. When we spoke via email, that was a big part of going to the cabin and the glacier, as well as part of the cost, which was my understanding as to why you selected it. Also, with that said, when you look at your itinerary, it says at the bottom that we would visit Pyramiden. This did not happen and when I asked the guides about it, they indicated it was not part of the tour. Could you please explain why this did not happen and what recourse I have?
Mario's Travel Agency
Based on 448 reviews
From beginning to end, our trip was seamless, perfectly planned with zero hiccups. We absolutely loved being connected to two travel agents and comparing plans. This was our first time traveling to Europe, so we were a little nervous about navigating and planning.
Our travel company did an absolutely phenomenal job with each small detail. We felt like VIPs the entire time. Our drivers would magically appear 10 minutes prior to their scheduled arrival and all our train and tour tickets were purchased in advance. We loved skipping lines with our private tour guides and really getting an insider's view of the places we stayed. Speaking of, each hotel our travel agent selected for us was exceptional, especially the one in Praiano. It was the best hotel we have ever stayed at.
We also loved the way she mapped out our trip to end close to the airport and saved one of the highlights for last, our boat ride to Capri. She even helped us get reservations at a restaurant we wanted to visit, but couldn’t book online.
All in all, I would 10 000% recommend our travel agency. She took all the stress and headaches out of planning a trip abroad. We are forever grateful for the unique experience we had for our babymoon. Thank you!
Michael's Travel Agency
Based on 320 reviews
This was an excellent company to work with. We would recommend it to all. However, I want to preface this review by stating that this trip was planned back in January 2020, prior to the challenges posed by the global health situation, and that this trip was postponed three consecutive times, extending over three years. Our original travel planner left the company and a new one was assigned to carry this trip to completion. She did a great job.
The goal of our trip was based on cultural aspects and engaging with the people of the countries we visited. Despite the setbacks, this was a good trip. Of course, there were several instances beyond everyone’s control that caused it to be less than stellar. Weather conditions and pollution were significant issues. We didn't see the sun for 30+ days. Additionally, changes due to the global health situation impacted the trip significantly.
However, the explanation of events and the proposed itinerary were far more glorious. It wasn't bad, but it was different. However, all in all, it was a great trip nonetheless. Yes, we would recommend it to all.