Only in South America will you find the capitals of two mighty empires existing side-by-side. Only in South America can you spend your morning on a wide sandy beach and your afternoon in the rainforest. Only in South America can you witness the majesty of Carnival and the passion of an Argentine football game. There truly is no place like South America; and it’s waiting for you on this best of South America tour.
Lima – Landing in Peru
Arrive this morning in lovely Lima, the capital of Peru, and the home to the oldest institute of higher learning in the Americas. A private driver will be waiting to take you to your centrally located and elegant hotel, where you can drop off your bags before hitting the highlights of this eclectic city. The Historic Center of Lima was named a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1988, and it is home to some of the most amazing edifices in all of Latin America, from the colonial façade of the Cathedral of Lima to the baroque Convento de San Francisco. Regardless of what strikes your fancy, you are sure to find it in Lima.
Cusco – Exploring the Ancient Capital of the Incas
Cusco – The Awe-Inspiring Sacred Valley of Peru
Aguas Calientes – Climbing the Andes to Unforgettable Machu Picchu
Aguas Calientes – Primeval Cities and Pristine Nature
Rio de Janeiro – Heading to Brazil
Rio de Janeiro – The Treasures of Rio, from Sugar Loaf to the Harbor
Rio de Janerio – An Imperial City and the Brazilian Samba
Iguazu – A Natural Wonder in the Brazilian Borderlands
Iguazu – Crossing into Argentina in Spectacular Style
Buenos Aires – From Roaring Waters to a Cosmopolitan Capital
Buenos Aires – The Charming Town of Tigre
Buenos Aires – Shopping in the Paris of Latin America
Buenos Aires – The End of Your South American Adventure
- Begin in Lima, Peru’s pristine capital, and see the many sights of the Historic City Centre, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that has some of the most astounding architecture in all of South America
- Discover the many marvels of the Incan Empire, from the former capital at Cusco to the fertile rift of the Sacred Valley, to the iconic remains of Machu Picchu that clings like a dream to the slopes of the Andes
- Revel in Rio de Janeiro, the capital of Carnival and the center of the samba, where you’ll be taken in by the beautiful beaches and swept off your feet by Sugar Loaf and Corcovado
- Ogle at the incredible puissance of Iguazu Falls, one of the most astounding waterfalls in the world, from both sides of the Brazilian-Argentine border
- Live it up in Buenos Aires, where the spirit of the tango haunts the streets and where an insatiable and infectious love of life fills the air
- Explore the smaller suburbs of the great South American cities, from regal Petropolis to quaint and charming Delta del Tigre
From the highlands of Peru to the river lands of Argentina, from Machu Picchu to Christ the Redeemer, South America is filled with the majesty of nature and the miracles of humanity. This 14-day best of South America tour will give you the perfect introduction to this spellbinding continent, and will fill you with an undeniable itch to learn about the charismatic countries that comprise it.
Encounter the attractions of bountiful Brazil, from the gorgeous city of Rio de Janeiro to the awe-inspiring cataracts of Iguazu Falls. See the great cities of the past and present in Peru, where the legacy of the Incas and the Spanish run side by side through time and space. And experience the very best of Buenos Aires, Argentina’s capital city that is known throughout the world as the Paris of Latin America.
Whether you’re a nature lover or shopaholic, a beach-going sun goddess or a mountain man, enamored with history or driven by the promises of the future, South America has something for everyone. From the summit of Huayna Picchu to the swelling waters of the Atlantic, this is sure to be a South America adventure that you’ll never forget.
$3,579 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.77 stars based on
Reviewed By Ray R.
Reviewed By mike K.
Reviewed By Diana L.
Reviewed By Madonna P.
Reviewed By Consuelo B.
Reviewed By Maggie H.