Elephants roam beneath Mount Kilimanjaro, lions chase zebra across the grasslands, and vast wildebeest herds are on the move as Amboseli and the Masai Mara are home to some of Africa's most iconic safari images. These fabled destinations offer an excellent first-time African safari to combine exceptional game viewing with the raw wonders of the landscape. This 9-day safari reveals it all and culminates in a private conservancy that enhances the exclusivity of the Masai Mara.
Nairobi – Elegant Welcomes
Nairobi might be one of the continent's economic powerhouses, but its city skyline still glimpses at the wildness of Africa. Gaze out across the hills and you will see giraffe and elephants as they roam in the same panorama as towering as skyscrapers. It's a bizarre juxtaposition to see nature such an integral piece of the cityscape. You will be greeted at Nairobi International Airport and transferred to a hotel on the edge of the city, where your premium suite will overlook the savanna of Nairobi National Park. It's just a glimpse at wildlife, yet one that helps the anticipation build for the start of the safari tomorrow. The afternoon and evening are at your leisure, and the hotel is a quiet place to rest and relax with dinner in the hotel's restaurant included.
Amboseli National Park – Elephants Beneath Kilimanjaro
Amboseli National Park – Game Drives
Masai Mara National Reserve – Masai Mara Plains
Masai Mara National Reserve – Wildebeest Along the Mara River
Mara North Conservancy – Exclusive Safari
Mara North Conservancy – A Game Walk
Mara North Conservancy – Hot Air Balloon Safari
Nairobi – Departure
- Enjoy seven full days of big game safari in three destinations for plenty of time to see all the animals, but also to relax and soak up the rhythm of the African savanna
- Explore the beauty of Amboseli National Park, where elephant herds rumble beneath the dramatic cone of Mount Kilimanjaro, Africa's highest peak
- Discover the grand scale of the Masai Mara, a vast reserve that's home to hundreds of thousands of mammals (and that's outside the great wildebeest migration months!)
- Gaze over the Mara River and follow the epic battles between big cats and the ungulates, particularly lion pride and resident wildebeest
- Complete the safari in Mara North, a private conservancy with a wildlife experience reserved for just a handful of guests
- Twice-daily game drives ensure that you discover the full diversity of Kenyan wildlife, from unusual antelopes to leopards that hide in the trees
- Staying at Mara North provides opportunity for private bush walks and exclusive safari activities that are guided by Masai warriors
- Fly between reserves in light aircraft to minimize travel time as you enjoy stunning views of Kenya's safari landscapes
$5,611 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.9 stars based on 178 reviews.
Reviewed By Dave F.
Reviewed By Kelly S.
Reviewed By Roxy W.
Reviewed By Drishti Y.
Reviewed By JEANA L.
Reviewed By mike K.