From July to October, the great wildebeest migration fills the Masai Mara, as do the bulk of the Mara's annual travelers. But from November to June, the Masai Mara continues to brim over with an astonishing abundance of wildlife, along with fantastic opportunities for private walking safari, horseback safari, luxury mobile camping, and thrilling nighttime drives. On a 10-day safari outside of the migration months, the Masai Mara is as authentic and surreal as ever.
Nairobi – Overnight in the Colorful Capital
From your balcony at your first hotel, you will enjoy the juxtaposition of Nairobi as the city skyscrapers provide the backdrop to a savannah that is dotted with elephant trunks and giraffe necks. The wild landscape contrasts the urban core of the city, and as you are picked up from Nairobi International Airport, it is a short transfer to your hotel. This first evening is all about relaxing and preparing yourself for the safari adventure to come, and this property is ideally situated with vistas over Nairobi National Park, along with its proximity to Nairobi Wilson Airport for your early-morning flight to Ol Pejeta.
Day 2 - 3
Ol Pejeta Conservancy – Fly-In Wild Rhino Safari and Chimpanzee Experience
Day 4 - 5
Masai Mara National Reserve – Iconic Big-Game Safari Along the Mara River
Mara North Conservancy – Hot Air Balloon Above the Mara and Mobile Camping Experience
Mara North Conservancy – Private Mara Safari Including Nighttime Game Drive
Ol Kinyei Conservancy – Exclusive Walking Safari Guided by Masai Warriors
Ol Kinyei Conservancy – Horseback Safari Across the Mara
Nairobi – Departure
- Savor the authenticity of the Masai Mara as you spend six days in this world-famous safari destination, going outside of the great migration months to explore without the crowds
- Observe thrilling Big Cat encounters as most predators do not follow the wildebeest migration
- Game drive along the Mara River and be surrounded by hundreds of thousands of mammals, like zebra, wildebeest, elephant, giraffe, buffalo, hippo, and Thomson's gazelle
- Start this 10-day safari in Ol Pejeta Conservancy, where incredible rhino and chimpanzee encounters complement what is seen later in the Masai Mara
- Hot air balloon above the Mara and gaze down on the ungulate-dappled grasslands
- Spend a day walking across the plains with a Masai warrior guide, an experience that enhances the surreal authenticity of the Mara Safari
- Immersive accommodations that keep the animals close make the most of your time on safari, including two nights at a private luxury mobile camp
- Ride alongside the zebra and wildebeest with a day of horseback safari in Ol Kinyei Conservancy, another exclusive experience on the astonishing grasslands
$5,845 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.89 stars based on
Reviewed By Kacey T.
Reviewed By Alicen H.
Reviewed By Huan W.
Reviewed By Erin P.
Reviewed By Drishti Y.
Reviewed By Nicole O.