Southern Kenya is home to many of Africa's most evocative natural landscapes. Wildebeest-covered Masai Mara grasslands blur into Mount Kilimanjaro's slopes and then into Tsavo's evocative savanna, which then rolls towards white sandy beaches. A safari across the south connects the mystique of them all as you unravel East Africa's famous, yet untouched, destinations. Each stop brings a fresh safari experience as the different panoramas are a home for multifarious wildlife and all the charms of...
Masai Mara National Reserve – Heart of the Grass Plains
Southern Kenya extends beneath the wingtips as you fly from Nairobi to the Masai Mara. You will pass volcanic mountain domes, cruise over a rolling band of green hills, then watch the landscape open onto uninterrupted plains. The Masai Mara comes into view as the expansive grasslands that are speckled black by large wildebeest and zebra herds. From the air, you will sense the enormity, and as soon as you land, you will savor the intimacy. Elephants and giraffe are seen from the airstrip, and there's a mythical rumbling of hooves, with tens of thousands of mammals on the move. Today you will land in the early morning at Nairobi International where you will be greeted and transferred to the Nairobi Wilson Airport for your majestic flight into the heart of the Masai Mara.
Your safari starts straight away as your transfer from the airstrip to camp will bring immediate encounters with most of the Big Five. Big tuskers watch you pass, and bushy buffalo herds will stop and stare as a lion pride drapes itself across clumps of rock. After you check into camp, you can continue to watch the animals as your verandah provides a near mythical view over the Mara grasslands. A dedicated game drive will start in the middle of the afternoon, and you will be quickly acquainted with the iconic animals. As a first-day safari, it is hard to rival the Masai Mara as the plains showcase both mammal diversity and big game abundance. Ten days of safari will feature all the subtleties of Kenya's landscapes, but this first game drive is all about those first dreamy encounters with its big mammals: elephants, giraffe, buffalo, hippo, lions, and hopefully the Mara's black rhino.
Day 2 - 3
Masai Mara National Reserve – Surreal Big Five Game Drives
Ol Kinyei Conservancy – Iconic Hot Air Balloon Flight
Ol Kinyei Conservancy – Exclusive Walking Safari
Day 6 - 7
Amboseli National Park – Elephants, Lions, and Mount Kilimanjaro
Chyulu Hills National Park – Weaving Across Rolling Green Hills
Day 9 - 10
Tsavo East National Park – The Unpredictable Magic
Day 11 - 13
Diani Beach – Tranquility Along a White Sand Beach
Diani Beach to Nairobi – Departure
- Ten uninterrupted days of safari enable you to embrace the beauty of the wilderness fully as every moment brings a new view of Southern Kenya's dramatic landscapes
- Visit six different parks and reserves to admire how much of Southern Kenya is fully protected and yet completely wild
- Spend five days in the Masai Mara with constant encounters with the big cats plus the galloping wildebeest and zebra herds
- Hot air balloon above the Masai Mara for a surreal impression of Southern Kenya's untrammeled landscapes
- Savor two days of private safari in the Ol Kinyei Conservancy, a chance to be guided on foot through the Mara by Masai warriors
- Gaze up at Mount Kilimanjaro then readjust your focus to find elephants and lions that roam beneath the mountain backdrop as just one scenic highlight from two days in Amboseli National Park
- Drive along Kilimanjaro's green slopes to admire an array of wildlife and connect with Masai culture around Chyulu Hills National Park
- Get lost in the enormity of Tsavo East, a raw and rugged savannah that's filled with the drama of the wild
- Complete nature's journey on the white sand of Diani Beach, where a private coastal villa is shaded by an indigenous forest that's home to three monkey species
$8,465 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.89 stars based on 179 reviews.
Reviewed By Dave F.
Reviewed By Drishti Y.
Reviewed By Kelly S.
Reviewed By Roxy W.
Reviewed By JEANA L.
Reviewed By Gina W.