As wildebeest rampage over crocodile-infested rivers, lion pride chases huge zebra herds, and tens of thousands of animals fill a single glance, there is no place like the Masai Mara. Your week-long safari will feature the ultimate Mara highlights as you explore a variety of landscapes and encounter nearly every famous safari scenes. Look forward to a champagne hot air balloon ride, a walking safari with Masai warriors, a horseback ride alongside zebra, private concessions, exceptional camps,...
Maasai Mara National Reserve – Surreal Serenity
A Masai Mara safari comes with many preconceptions. You may be expecting action and adventure, drama and dazzling wildlife scenes but few anticipate the serenity and the relaxation that comes as well. As you travel deep into the Mara, you will succumb to the rhythm of the wild as your senses slowly open to all of nature’s clues. You will see animals, but you will not need to bump around in a safari vehicle. Rather, you can just gaze out from your elevated balcony as the plains around you are liberally sprinkled with life, from elephants to buffalo to zebra. There is a pervasive calm that seeps into you as you settle in, and it is hard to think of a better place to overcome any jet lag or travel fatigue.
After landing at Nairobi International, you will be transferred to Nairobi Wilson Airport for a flight to the Masai Mara National Reserve. Touch down and your airport transfer will be a game drive, bringing you your first impressions of the famous animals. If you came with a mental tick list, half of them are likely to be spotted on this first drive. Check in at the your first beautiful property and savor your views as on a clear day, you will be able to see 100 miles across the Masai Mara from your balcony. Situated on the rim of the Siria-Oloololo Escarpment and above the wildlife-rich Mara Triangle, this is the region’s newest luxury accommodation. Admire it all through the floor-to-ceiling glass windows and then head out on an afternoon game drive that will bring a succession of evocative sights.
Maasai Mara National Reserve – All the Action
Maasai Mara National Reserve – Game Drives
Mara Naboisho Conservancy – Hot Air Balloon Safari
Mara Naboisho Conservancy – Private Piece of the Mara
Ol Kinyei Conservancy – Walking Mara Safari
Ol Kinyei Conservancy – Unique Horseback Safari
Ol Kinyei Conservancy to Nairobi – Departure
- Spend a day game driving around the Mara River to absorb the drama of crocodiles, wildebeest, lions, and hippos
- Surround yourself with the vast herds of the wildebeest and the zebra in the heart of the Masai Mara National Reserve, where the grazing ungulates are active through the night
- Float above the famous grasslands in a hot air balloon to gaze down on the enormity of this famous safari destination
- Savor the exhilaration of a walking safari as guided across the plains by Maasai Warrior guides
- Gain a unique perspective on the Mara’s wildlife with an exclusive horseback safari in the Ol Kinyei Conservancy
- Lose yourself in a very exclusive piece of the Masai Mara by as you spend a couple of nights in the Mara Naboisho Conservancy, where it will be just you and tens of thousands of animals
- Spend several days in the private conservancies and drive off the trails and get even closer to the wildlife to find intimate scenes such as cheetahs raising their cubs
- Find the big cats on a hunt, either stalking the prey or biting into a fresh carcass
- Enjoy exceptional accommodation with three exclusive, unfenced camps that combine the beauty of the wild with the elegance of contemporary design
$6,235 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.89 stars based on 179 reviews.
Reviewed By Drishti Y.
Reviewed By Dave F.
Reviewed By Gina W.
Reviewed By Kelly S.
Reviewed By Lindsay K.
Reviewed By jack c.