Combine two of East Africa’s most iconic experiences during your one week tour of Kenya and Rwanda. Follow wildebeest during the Great Migration as they travel through the Maasai Mara accentuated by the surrounding theater of wildlife. Trek through volcanic forests to discover the beauty of active gorilla troops. Your immersive luxury safari will be tailored to your goals to uncover the marvels of East Africa’s untouched wilderness.
Kigali – Arrive in Rwanda
Fly into the charming Rwandan capital of Kigali, a city that feels more like a lush village in the hills than a capital city. You will be greeted by a local guide and transferred north to Volcanoes National Park, one of only two accessible places in East Africa to trek wild mountain gorillas. Wind through The Land of a Thousand Hills as you curve along the forested slopes until the canopy closes in and you are deep into the mystique of the forest. If you could preconceive a landscape for gorillas, then it would look just like this with the wisps of mist as thick forest rolls unbroken across the mountains. Hidden in the foothills of the Virungas Mountains is your first lodge, where a luxurious stone cottage will provide a tranquil space after your journey.
Volcanoes National Park – Gorilla Trekking
Volcanoes National Park – Second Day of Gorilla Trekking
Masai Mara National Reserve – Great Wildebeest Migration
Masai Mara National Reserve – Game Drives
Mara North Conservancy – Hot Air Balloon Above the Mara
Mara North Conservancy – Private Great Wildebeest Migration Safari
Mara North Conservancy – Departure
- Trek deeply into the lush Rwandan mountains and feel your goosebumps rise with your first glimpse a gorilla troop
- Spend a long hour with a wild gorilla troop and savor the exquisite details of the world's largest apes
- Return the next morning and trek to a different gorilla troop, bringing another hour of incredible proximity to the critically-endangered giants
- Watch the great wildebeest migration rumble onwards from your luxury camp in the Masai Mara with a private verandah that offers views over the rolling plains and the Mara River
- Game drive around the Masai Mara National Reserve to watch the wildebeest charge across the crocodile-filled Mara River, and explore plains packed with lion pride and leopards
- Soar above the plains in a hot air balloon for the ultimate perspective on the scale of the migration
- Spend your final two nights in the private Mara North Conservancy to enjoy a private piece of the migration and more exceptional encounters with the big cats
$8,155 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.79 stars based on 14 reviews.
Reviewed By Linda U.
Reviewed By Janet D.
Reviewed By Margo M.
Reviewed By Keith H.
Reviewed By Ron S.
Reviewed By Erik A.