As you consider the allure of Africa, three experiences rise to the pinnacle of most imaginations; the landscape of South Africa’s Kruger, the wildebeest migration in the Masai Mara, and the trek to see the wild mountain gorillas. This luxury two-week adventure safari will connect all three for the ultimate adventure into the intimacy and the drama of Africa’s wilderness. Featuring exceptional lodges, unique safari activities, private concessions, and a chance to be alone with the four-legged...
MalaMala Game Reserve – Iconic Game Drive Introductions
An old elephant may amble past the lodge, a look of melancholy in his small eyes. Three giraffes are painted along the horizon, sentinels of the safari. Baboons are hooting from the trees above you, and a herd of zebra grazes on the grass below your balcony. You have not yet even been on your game drive, and already the animals are leaving an impression. Over these two weeks, you will find that rare wildlife becomes the panorama and the constant across Kruger, Masai Mara, and Rwanda.
Earlier in the day you will touch down in Johannesburg and transfer onto a scheduled light aircraft flight to MalaMala, well-renowned as the finest of the private game reserves in Southern Africa. MalaMala is also the largest as it runs along the western corridor of the Greater Kruger ecosystem with no barriers preventing the movement of wildlife. As you begin with your first game drive, you will start to get closer to find that now it is an elephant herd, rather than just something in the distance as trunks swing as they pass your vehicle. Prints will lead you towards a cheetah, eventually found hiding amongst the grass, and your first glimpse of a rhino provides a memory that will last a lifetime.
Day 2 - 3
MalaMala Game Reserve – Immersed in the Luxury
Day 4 - 5
Kruger National Park – Exploring the Thrilling Enormity of Kruger
Nairobi – Giraffe Poking Their Heads Through the Window
Day 7 - 8
Mara Naboisho Conservancy – Intimate Experiences With the Big Cats
Day 9 - 10
Masai Mara National Reserve – Hot Air Balloon Safari
Volcanoes National Park – Into the Land of the Gorillas
Day 12 - 13
Volcanoes National Park – The Thrill and Charm of Gorilla Trekking
Kigali – Departure
- Engage in intimate connections with the Big Five as the MalaMala Game Reserve is the finest private reserve in Southern Africa and an unfenced part of the Greater Kruger
- Enjoy the massive abundance of life in the Kruger, including more than half the world’s wild rhinos with days spent at a remote luxury lodge that will showcase the scale of the landscape
- Immerse yourself in the Masai Mara as during the migration more than 2 million animals can be seen, and even outside the migration, you will enjoy a baffling profusion of wildlife
- Wander away from the crowds as the private Mara Naboisho Conservancy takes you away from the Mara and you can bump off-road and savor incredible proximity to the hunting cats of the grasslands
- Spend a couple of days in Rwanda’s Volcanoes National Park as you trek to two different gorilla troops to better understand the behavior of the world’s largest primate
- Mix national parks and private reserves to take in a complete range of safari activities as game drives during the day and night are complemented by inspiring game walks and the beauty of a hot air balloon safari over the Mara grasslands
- Travel between the three countries easily as transfers have improved enormously over the last decade and little time is lost in transit as light aircraft flights take you to the national parks upon arrival in the capital cities
- Celebrate the very best of these legendary destinations as your accommodation offers an elevated level of luxury while maintaining the authenticity of the setting
$17,831 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.91 stars based on
Reviewed By Alicen H.
Reviewed By Kacey T.
Reviewed By Paul G.
Reviewed By Michael D.
Reviewed By greg s.
Reviewed By Hamish K.