Walk to gorillas while surrounded by rhinos and this surreal experience will be merely the start of what you can do in East Africa. This signature luxury safari will celebrate the beautiful diversity as you mix the timeless highlights of Kenya and Rwanda. Intimate Big Five introductions will begin in Ol Pejeta, continue with wild and wonderful adventures in Samburu, with predators and herds on the Masai Mara plains, and then conclude with mountain gorillas and golden monkeys in the thick Volcanoes...
Nairobi – Giraffe Welcome You to East Africa
In the distance will be the mid-sized scrapers of the city for a backdrop to a tower of giraffe and an elephant. That will be the strange juxtaposition in Nairobi as urban and rural mix seamlessly. Touch down in Kenya’s capital, and you will be transferred into the suburbs, where the wildlife is almost close enough to touch. Rare and endangered Rothschild’s giraffe wander through the grounds, occasionally using giant necks to poke their heads through your bedroom windows. Part of a conservation and rehabilitation program, these remarkable characters provide an introduction that few people would expect on a capital city layover. This night in Nairobi is required for almost all Kenya safari itineraries as flights to the national parks and reserves leave in the morning. Dinner at the lodge is included tonight as you settle in.
Day 2 - 3
Ol Pejeta Conservancy – A Private Big Five Safari
Day 4 - 5
Samburu National Reserve – Big-Game Adventure
Day 6 - 7
Mara Naboisho Conservancy – Predator Meets Prey
Masai Mara National Reserve – Hot Air Ballooning Safari
Kigali – Fascinating Stories in Rwanda’s Capital
Volcanoes National Park – Exploring the History
Volcanoes National Park – Rwanda Gorilla Trekking
Volcanoes National Park – Golden Monkey Trekking
Kigali – Departure
- Savor the unforgettable intimacy of a gorilla trek as you watch the giant primates for an hour from just seven meters away
- Receive a timeless introduction to safari with Kenya’s Ol Pejeta Conservancy, a compact and charming private reserve that makes it easy to encounter the Big Five and more
- Celebrate the enormity of Samburu National Reserve with big game wilderness on an adventure through a land of serenity and surprise
- Be surrounded by the battles between predator and prey in the Masai Mara, constantly listening and watching the drama on the famous plains
- Take a hot air balloon safari over the Mara and admire the scale of the landscape and the migratory patterns of the herds
- Enjoy not only the mountain gorillas in Rwanda’s Volcanoes National Park, but also enjoy a day with mysterious golden monkeys
- Learn and listen to the haunting and heartwarming stories of Rwanda’s history with a night spent in capital Kigali
- Experience four diverse safari destinations to take in the complete sphere of East African wildlife, from the primates to the spotted predators, black and white rhinos to a sundry of ungulates
- Combine a mix of private conservancies and national parks as you explore a diverse range of safari activities, including nighttime drives, walks with Masai and Samburu warriors, and exploration alongside conservationists
$19,599 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.83 stars based on
Reviewed By Michael D.
Reviewed By nancy m.
Reviewed By Carol t.
Reviewed By ANURADHA K.
Reviewed By Janet D.
Reviewed By Linda U.