Gallop into an untamed world with this unique horseback adventure across Botswana. You’re not just observing. You become part of the natural world and experience the wildlife from a thrilling proximity. Explore wilderness that’s only accessible in a saddle, relish intimate encounters with Africa’s great mammals, and lose yourself in the evocative charms of the wild. Covering the Kalahari and the Okavango, this is the adventure of a lifetime.
Makgadikgadi-Nxai Pans – Welcome to Safari
A shimmering blanket of white welcomes you to camp, the Makgadikgadi Salt Pans clearly visible as you touch down in the wilderness. After arriving in Maun, you’ll transfer to a light aircraft and land at an isolated air strip that’s surrounded by a pristine wildlife world. The first day is about getting to know your horse by going for a gentle adventure around the camp. Gallop across endless stretches of grassland; pick a careful trail through acacia woodland, before trotting across the edge of the salt pans and admiring the mirage that flickers above the whiteness. It might be a get-to-know-you ride but there’s plenty of wildlife to see. Approach the zebra herds and get to within meters of their majestic beauty. Spot lone elephant bulls plodding a different path through the trees. Return to the simple yet elegant camp for a serene evening in the wild. Kalahari lions roar in the distance and logs crackle as you sit around the fire. There’s a lot to take in. But the adventure has only just started.
Makgadikgadi-Nxai Pans – The Land of 1,000 Islands
Xai Xai – Cantering Across Endless Plains
Kalahari – Salt Pans and Kalahari Woodlands
Okavango Delta – The Waterways of the Okavango Delta
Okavango Delta – Baboons and Leopards in the Forest
Okavango Delta – The Heart of the Delta
Okavango Delta – Following Ancient Trails
Day 9 - 10
Okavango Delta – Relaxing Among Wildlife
Okavango Delta – Departure
- Become part of the wildlife and experience Botswana’s wild game from an unfathomable proximity
- Spend eight days riding across vast open expanses of African wilderness
- Gallop alongside zebra and then slow down to approach large herds of elephant, buffalo, and giraffe
- Cross huge swathes of untamed landscapes that can only be explored on horseback
- Immerse yourself in the endless waterways of the Okavango Delta by splashing across ancient channels and cantering through glistening lagoons
- Spend four days exploring the Makgadikgadi-Nxai Pans National Park, riding through shimmering salt pans, lavish grassland, and remote Kalahari woodland
- Surround yourself with the sounds of the wild by sleeping in secluded camps and unique tree houses, each hand-picked accommodation providing an excellent level of comfort in the bush
- Complete the trip with two days of game drives and serenity at a luxury lodge that overlooks a waterhole
$8,905 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.94 stars based on 302 reviews.
Reviewed By Bettisu C.
Reviewed By Evan G.
Reviewed By Marcia H.
Reviewed By Janet W.
Reviewed By Richard A.
Reviewed By Kathy K.