Surreal landscapes and endless excitement await you on your 10-day Botswana family safari. You can cross immense salt pans on quad bikes and explore the savanna with local Bushmen, cruise along waterways searching for elephants and wind beneath the forest canopy to find sleeping leopards. Your tailored family adventure will take you deep into the wilderness to unveil the depth and wonder of Botswana.
Makgadikgadi – Welcome to the Salt Pans
Maun is Botswana's central hub, a sprawling town that's built around creeks and sandy country roads. It's also one of the few places with an international airport in this vast offbeat country. Land in Maun and be assisted onto a light aircraft for the short flight over to the Tsigaro Airstrip in the Makgadikgadi. Gaze out of the window and catch your first glimpse of the salt pans, vast stretches of white glistening beneath the afternoon sun. Settle into the rustic camp and immediately start your immersion in the wilderness. Out here you won't find roads or WiFi. There's just you, your luxury en-suite tent, and the abundant wildlife that lurks nearby.
Makgadikgadi – Exploring the Stunning Wildlife
Day 3 - 4
Makgadikgadi – Spectacular Quad Bike Adventure
Makgadikgadi – Walking with Bushmen
Okavango – Into the Surreal World
Okavango – Exploring the Okavango by Boat
Okavango – Thrilling Walking Safari
Okavango – Big Cat Game Drives
Okavango – Goodbye to Botswana
- Head deep into the untamed animal world of the Shinde Private Concession, game drives and walking safaris providing an intimate experience with the big cats and a delightful supporting cast
- Go on a thrilling two day quad bike adventure through the immense lunar landscape of the Makgadikgadi Salt Pans
- Spend a day with indigenous San Bushmen and discover the ancient arts of animal tracking and bush survival
- Savor an unforgettable night in the heart of the salt pans, rolling out beds and sleeping beneath a phenomenal sky of stars
- Immerse yourself in nature by staying in rustic camps that are surrounded by wildlife and expect nature's soundtrack to sing a lullaby and an evocative landscape to greet you every morning
- Fly over the surreal sight of the Okavango, marveling at the endless waterways and spotting animal herds from the sky
- Explore the Okavango Delta by boat, gently cruising past giant hippo pods and playful elephant herds
- Relax in pristine nature as your guide entertains the children, teaching them indigenous skills like making bow and arrows, rubbing sticks to create fire, and silently approaching animals
$8,965 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.93 stars based on 351 reviews.
Reviewed By greg s.
Reviewed By Amy F.
Reviewed By Ann T.
Reviewed By SATHYANARAYANA S.
Reviewed By Jessica C.
Reviewed By Laura C.