Disappear into the wilderness on a 10-day safari to the Okavango and Kalahari, where you drift down waterways and harmonize your senses with a surreal atmosphere. With three extraordinary concessions, you spend three days each in the woodlands, the waterways, and the salt pans. Explore at your own pace on privately guided safari activities and settle into the rhythm of nature, finding an ultimate getaway from the Western world.
Selinda Reserve – Serene Safari Luxury in Northern Okavango
Touch down at Maun International Airport and a representative assists in transferring you to a local flight bound for the Selinda Concession in the far north of the Okavango. Soar over the flooded plains and touch down in big-game country, where lions battle with buffalos and there’s a dreamy collection of resident leopards. Selinda blends different habitats, attracting a diversity of wildlife to a compact area. What you won’t see very often are other visitors. This is a private unfenced concession, only accessible to those staying at one of the few camps within it. So even though you’re positioned on the migration route between the Chobe forests and central Okavango floodplains, other vehicles or visitors won’t interrupt the animal abundance.
The stylish camp you will stay at hides amongst the trees, blending into nature in the exclusive Selinda Concession. Your spacious suite feels like what you’d find in a boutique five-star hotel, with opulent fittings and an en-suite bathroom with a lavish copper bathtub. Head out onto the deck, and there’s a private plunge pool, an ideal place to start watching the wildlife that roams beneath the camp. Nature’s lullaby comes uninterrupted, filtering through the canvas walls throughout the day and night. It’s a lullaby of tweeting birds, roaring lions, grazing ungulates, and the sporadic calls that echo across the floodplains. After arriving in the late afternoon, the rest of the day is at your leisure, with a dinner enjoyed beneath the stars as elephants and hippos are scattered across the panorama.
Selinda Reserve – Big-Game Safari and Nature’s Lullaby
Selinda Reserve – Walking Safari and Game Drives in a Private Concession
Jao Concession – A Massage While Watching the Hippos
Jao Concession – The Grandeur and Exclusivity of an Okavango Safari
Jao Concession – Drifting Away in a Traditional Mokoro Canoe
Makgadikgadi Pans – Beautiful Aerial Safari Above Okavango and the Kalahari
Makgadikgadi Pans – Journeying Across the World’s Largest Salt Pan
Makgadikgadi Pans – Tranquil Safari Along the Boteti River
Maun – Departure
- Drift along the Okavango’s waterways in a traditional mokoro, a dugout canoe, passing hippos in the water and antelopes that hide in the reeds
- Enjoy spa treatments while overlooking floodplains filled with elephants and buffalos
- Settle into the luxury of decadent camps and lodges, where suites feature private plunge pools and safari viewing decks
- Explore unfenced private concessions which are reserved for just a handful of guests, keeping you many miles from other vehicles or tourists
- Discover the charming big game of the Okavango, a famous safari destination that’s packed with big cats, four-legged giants, and dozens of unique sights
- Journey across one of the world’s largest salt pans and lose yourself in a surreal white mirage
- Uncover one of Africa’s unknown safari phenomena at a lodge along the Boteti River in the Makgadikgadi Pans
- Admire both the Okavango Delta and Kalahari Desert from the air on beautiful journeys by light aircraft
$16,245 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.93 stars based on
Reviewed By Richard R.
Reviewed By greg s.
Reviewed By Tracy G.
Reviewed By Ann T.
Reviewed By Traci G.
Reviewed By Amy F.