Visit the untamed wilderness of Botswana with this 9-day luxury safari experience. This itinerary leads you from the vast salt pans of the Makgadikgadi to the lush forests, plains, and waterways of the Okavango Delta. The wildlife is abundant, and other humans are rare in these private concessions. Here, hospitality, comfort, and barefoot luxury are promised by each boutique safari camp.
Makgadikgadi Salt Pans – Adventurer’s Delight
The Makgadikgadi Pans are a vast expanse of salt desert in northeastern Botswana that are part of the greater Kalahari. Your international flight will arrive in Maun, and a representative will help you connect to your scheduled flight to the Kalahari Desert. Upon landing, a private driver will transfer you to your luxurious tented safari camp on the edge of the salt pans. In the dry season, sun-baked pans offer a unique salt desert experience with activities that include bush walks, game drives, horseback riding, and quad bike adventures. The rains of the wet season attract flocks of pink flamingos and Africa’s largest zebra migration.
Makgadikgadi Salt Pans – Desert Safari in Old World Comfort
Okavango Delta – The Legendary Okavango
Okavango Delta – The Best of All Worlds
Okavango Delta – Embracing Safari Life
Linyanti Concession – In Search of Big Game
Linyanti Concession – Secrets of the Night
Linyanti Concession – An Exclusive Paradise
Kasane – Depart to Home
- Luxuriate in fully-inclusive safari camps with unrestricted access to the expansive wilderness
- Explore the world’s largest desert salt pans with walks, game drives, quad bikes, or horseback rides in the Makgadikgadi
- Walk with Bushmen and spend time with a habituated meerkat colony
- Marvel at the plentiful herds of plains, game, and elephants with exclusive traversing rites on the private Linyanti Concession
- Track big game in open 4WD vehicles through the forests and floodplains of the mighty Okavango Delta
- Seek out birds and frogs on the Okavango Delta’s tranquil waterways in a dugout wooden Mokoro
$12,865 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.92 stars based on 25 reviews.
Reviewed By Cindy H.
Reviewed By Kevin L.
Reviewed By Bettisu C.
Reviewed By Lisa F.
Reviewed By Kathy K.
Reviewed By Janet W.