You will take the ride of your life through the Okavango through the exceptional African safari camps and incredible landscape. With a vast array of options before you, hooves will splash with water as you gallop across the Okavango Delta, traveling from island to island amidst the mystical floodplains. Elephants and buffalo watch you pass as zebra and lechwe join the journey, and you will quickly be submerged by the wilderness. On this 8-day Okavango horseback safari, you will be hundreds of...
Maun to Kujwana – Spectacular Flight Over the Okavango Delta
Spilling out across the Kalahari, the Okavango Delta is an oasis of life in the desert, attracting nomadic animals from thousands of miles around. Great floodplains ripple with life, from bathing hippos to elephants splashing around and zebra herds prancing through the shallows. The scale can be unfathomable. And it's this scale that initially inspires as you arrive for your safari. After your international flight touches down in Botswana, you will fly from Maun to your camp by helicopter, a 20-minute journey across flooded expanses, marooned herds and thousands of islands. Soon after you take off, the Delta will be all you see as its lush colors contrast with the desert yellow that surrounds Maun.
You will arrive at your camp and spend your afternoon on an orientation ride. There are around 60 horses in the stable, and the guides have an intimate knowledge of their behavior which will ensure that you are matched with a suitable ride. All are sensible, forward-moving horses, used to the wild open spaces and the random encounters with wildlife. On your 2-hour ride around the local area, you will enjoy your first safari sights, notably the zebra and lechwe which huddle in large numbers. The odd elephant will grace the scene, but the main focus of the day will be getting comfortable with your horse and getting used to the conditions. Like each day on this horseback safari, you will not be following the horse trails; rather you will be making your own routes across the Delta.
Kujwana – Galloping From Island to Island
Kujwana – Big Game Horseback Safari
Kujwana to Mokolwane – Full-Day Ride Across the Floodplains
Mokolwane – Morning Game Walk and an Evening Ride
Mokolwane – Riding Through the Wilderness
Kujwana – Across the Okavango on Horseback
Maun – Morning Game Drive and Departure
- Gallop from island to island in the Okavango Delta and lose yourself in the enormity of Africa's great oasis
- Canter alongside the zebra and impala herds, and then wander past elephant and buffalo on the floodplains
- Go on full-day horseback expeditions to travel along the ancient river channels as you move from camp to camp
- Spend seven days on horseback safari and mix your long journeys with exploratory rides around wildlife-rich areas
- Explore the Okavango from all angles, beginning with a spectacular aerial flight over the Delta
- Come into close proximity to the big cats to complete the cast of wildlife seen on safari
- Enjoy morning game walks and afternoon mokoro (canoe) safaris to take in every angle of the stunning landscape
- Stay at beautiful rustic camps in the heart of the wilderness, including three nights in a charming treehouse above the floodplains
$9,459 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.94 stars based on
Reviewed By SATHYANARAYANA S.
Reviewed By patricia g.
Reviewed By Ron S.
Reviewed By Bob V.
Reviewed By Paul R.
Reviewed By Michael P.