The desert and the delta are two safari destinations that delight in their difference yet surprise in their similarities. Together, the desert and the delta make for an immersive safari experience that encompasses the complete range of wildlife, landscapes, and activities. Using four exquisite reserves and concessions, this safari itinerary will reveal the exclusive safari wonders of Botswana before culminating in spectacular nights amongst the flooded channels of the Okavango Delta.
Mashatu Game Reserve – Classic Private Reserve Safari Experience
As you arrive on a small plane, you will immediately grasp the scale of Mashatu. Expanding across the boundaries of Botswana, South Africa and Zimbabwe, Southern Africa's largest private game reserve is surrounded by unbroken miles of wilderness. The Mashatu is a remote desert and savannah, scorched and dusty throughout most of the year. Waterholes are dotted across the reserve, permanent places of bounty that brings wandering life from across the Kalahari region. Elephants, giraffe, lions, zebra herds, and whatever you are dreaming of, there's a strong probability that it lurks in this reserve. You will land first at O. R. Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg and then transfer onto a small charter flight that will take you into the untouched promise of your African safari.
Touch down and the aerial expressions of scale will be replaced by impressions of intimacy. A luxurious camp overlooks the water, and it is here that your safari begins. Lounge on your verandah as a giraffe wanders along the horizon and then dine beneath the stars as elephant silhouettes come in to drink. Wake to the rustling sounds of zebra grazing just a few meters from your room. Effortlessly blending into nature, your luxury lodge regularly see wildlife frequent. It's not that unusual for big cats to be spotted from the sanctuary of your room. After a relaxed lunch, you will enjoy an introductory game drive for a chance to explore your first safari sights and take those first adoring photos of Botswana's great mammals.
Day 2 - 3
Mashatu Game Reserve – All-Inclusive Intimacy on Foot and Horseback
Central Kalahari Game Reserve – The Gems of the Kalahari
Day 5 - 6
Central Kalahari Game Reserve – Full-Day Game Drives in an Epic Wilderness
Sandibe Reserve – First Impressions of the Great Oasis
Sandibe Reserve – Big Game Safari in a Variety of Thrilling Habitats
Day 9 - 11
Vumbura Reserve – Iconic Okavango Private Concession Safari
Maun – Departure
- Enjoy the full range of safari activities from horseback riding with zebra to canoeing past hippos to game drives across the desert
- Discover the thrilling diversity of Southern Africa's wildlife and get close to both the water dwellers and the giant four-legged nomads
- Savor the exclusivity of a private safari as the reserves and concessions have very few other visitors
- Slowly settle into the rhythm of safari at Mashatu Game Reserve, a large private reserve that combines raw wilderness with unique activities and safari luxury
- Explore the sheer scale of the desert as you track the giants in the Central Kalahari Game Reserve, an incredible expression of untamed Africa
- Surround yourself with the water of the Okavango Delta and discover the thrilling big game that inhabits the private Sandibe Reserve
- Complete the safari in one of Africa's most exclusive concessions in the Vamburu Reserve, where untrammeled luxury merges with a staggering big game abundance
- Connect the desert and delta with light aircraft for expressive aerial safaris while providing expedited access to remote reserves
- All safari activities are private, and there is a delightful sense of exploring your personal playground
$9,199 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.93 stars based on 351 reviews.
Reviewed By greg s.
Reviewed By Betsy G.
Reviewed By Ann T.
Reviewed By Amy F.
Reviewed By Paul R.
Reviewed By Jessica C.