Botswana's private reserves provide exclusive journeys into remarkable realms to intimately unravel nature's great theater without another tourist in your sight. Over this 10-day itinerary, you will explore three private reserves as you travel south to north through some of the greatest landscapes of Africa. The Vumbura Plains provide personal encounters in the Okavango Delta while the prestigious Selinda offers grassland safari, and the intimate Kwando combines elephant-engulfed woodland with...
Vumbura Reserve – Private Safari in the Okavango Delta
In a light aircraft, you will fly north from Maun as the endless lands of the Kalahari seem to stretch out for eternity. Rustic red blurs into dusty orange, and almost nothing breaks the desert spell as some two hours pass before any abundance of green can be seen. And then it appears as a vibrant mass of fresh colors that flourish like a phantom in this scorched land. It is the Okavango Delta, visible from space and intimately experienced as you travel across Botswana in your small plane. The waters have flowed for months to reach here, tumbling down from Angola to create an oasis of epic proportions. Your first safari is here in a private reserve in the northern periphery of the Delta, dominated by the bounty of flooding.
After you land on a private airstrip, you will check into a decadent camp with accommodations that celebrate the luxury of your first safari expeditions in Africa. Your spacious bedroom will lead onto a lounge area that enjoys a 270-degree view of the floodplains. A private plunge pool offers a unique spot to sip your champagne and watch the passing herds while massages can be booked in your private sala. Shared spaces include a charming campfire circle and a broad deck that enjoys one of the Okavango's most complete vistas. After settling in, an introductory game drive will show you the distinctive habitats found at Vumbura, an enveloping journey that hints at the predators to be seen over these three days.
Day 2 - 3
Vumbura Reserve – Canoe Safari and Game Drives Through the Oasis
Selinda Concession – Immersed in Flourishing Grasslands
Day 5 - 6
Selinda Concession – Exclusive Safari in Northern Botswana
Kwando Reserve – Into the Lush Woodlands of Botswana
Day 8 - 9
Kwando Reserve – Exquisite Predator Abundance and a Private Safari Playground
Kwando Concession – Departure
- Discover a unique side to the Okavango Delta by staying on the Vumbura Plains, a private concession to the north of Africa's great oasis
- Marvel at the wildlife of Selinda, a concession that celebrates ecological sustainability and encounters with predators
- Explore a private safari playground in Kwando Reserve, where elephants fill the forests, cheetahs, and wild dogs cover the grasslands, and palm islands provide a haven for unusual antelope species
- Savor the luxury of Botswana's finest camps, each with a contrasting style, from the decadence of Vumbura Plains to the intimacy of a camp in the Kwando Reserve
- Discover Botswana's natural world with an evocative collection of customizable safari activities: horse riding, walking, traditional canoes, nighttime drives, and daily game drives
- Admire wildlife from your private verandahs as great mammals continually surround you as you explore the wilderness of Botswana
- Visit iconic plains where battles between big cats and prey have evolved to legendary status
$15,595 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.94 stars based on
Reviewed By SATHYANARAYANA S.
Reviewed By patricia g.
Reviewed By Sarah S.
Reviewed By Laura C.
Reviewed By Danijela Z.
Reviewed By steve s.