Experience the adventure of the ultimate mobile safari during your 11-day Botswana adventure on the Okavango Delta. The thrill of exploration will take you by foot and canoe through the natural oasis miles away from civilization. You will combine luxury and discovery as you witness wonderful diversity, from birdlife to lions, elephants to crocodiles. You will be immersed in gorgeous landscapes to view rare images of the wilderness and wildlife.
Moremi Game Reserve – Surrounded by Botswana's Giants
Into the wild, the light aircraft swooping across the Delta and descending onto an airstrip that's regularly visited by elephants. Moremi Game Reserve covers a broad area in the middle of the Okavango, an expansive collection of islands, woodland, grassland, floodplain, and savannah. Habitats intermingle then separate as the flourishing waterways cascade across the landscape. There's something for everything to eat here, along with the water that brings migrating herds from the desert. You'll fly to Maun via Johannesburg, then connect onto a micro flight to access Moremi. Touch down and the safari has already begun, the odd giraffe waltzing across the horizon and a baboon troop rampaging through the trees.
Drive to the camp and enjoy a chance to relax along the river at your mobile camp. Your accommodation is erected in prime spaces of wilderness, offering the finest vistas of the Okavango ecosystem. During the tranquil hours at the camp, you can eat lunch while watching the hippos, and then watch the procession of life rove closer to drink from the river. Later in the afternoon, you take a short game drive through the forest. Slowly turn corners as baby elephants watch on, rumble down hills as a lion pride considers what is for dinner. Zebras splash in the shallow water while intrepid monkeys race across the savannah to the next tree. These are not glimpses of wildlife. You'll immediately gather the impression of just how close you're going to be on this adventure of a lifetime.
Day 2 - 4
Moremi Game Reserve – Mobile Camping in the Okavango Delta
Selinda Game Reserve – Setting Off on the Canoe Trail
Day 6 - 8
Selinda Game Reserve- A Remote Canoeing Safari Adventure
Khwai Concession – Nighttime Driving in Remote Okavango
Khwai Concession – Final Safari Memories
Khwai Concession to Maun – Departure
- Spend four days canoeing down the Selinda Spillway of the Delta, journeying into a landscape that's completely inaccessible by any other means
- Travel into untamed land that radiates the unpredictable charms of African safari, with an armed ranger and local scouts providing safety without interrupting the wildlife drama
- Start the Okavango exploration with four days of game drives through Moremi Game Reserve, connecting the distinctive landscapes of the Delta and exploring a full range of African wildlife
- Savor eight nights of mobile camping in the Okavango Delta, reveling in the untrammeled intimacy with nature and surrounding yourself in the tones of the wild
- Complete the luxury vacation with two nights in Khwai Concession, a place of nighttime drives and yesteryear safari romance
- Discover a fusion of habitats, the waterways spilling into the mopane woodlands and the elephant-filled forests of Chobe National Park
- Enjoy many of the iconic safari sights of the Delta, famed for large numbers of big cats and a myriad of the exquisite and spectacular
$14,152 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.93 stars based on
Reviewed By greg s.
Reviewed By Tracy G.
Reviewed By Richard R.
Reviewed By Dianne C.
Reviewed By Alan M.
Reviewed By Melissa T.