Botswana’s poetic landscapes provide surreal backdrops to an untamed animal world. Poignantly capture the raw emotion of nature’s great mammals, and then switch to wide screen for dazzling vistas and striking contrasts. Combining four of Africa’s most unique destinations, this itinerary offers exciting challenges and the inimitable shots that elevate your photos to professional level. Each day brings dozens of new angles, and each destination provides continual drama and charm.
Central Kalahari – Dramatic First Shots
Everyone dreams of the perfect African wildlife photos. You’ve probably got the zoom lens ready as you arrive in Botswana and feast your eyes on the Central Kalahari Game Reserve. But before the first game drive, it’s worth switching lenses and taking some time to capture the scene. There is your camp, secluded and charming as it sits in the middle of the famed Kalahari. A few kudu and hartebeest dot the dusty landscape, and, well, that’s about it. Botswana offers unrivaled wilderness. There are no roads, very few other tourists, and nothing to interrupt your continual immersion in nature. And as you photograph the camp’s evocative surroundings things begin to move. Perhaps an elephant that gently emerges on the horizon, maybe a carefully camouflaged hyena running through brittle grass, or a herd of wildebeest that were hiding behind your tent.
After arriving in Maun you’ll transfer to a light aircraft and land in the heart of Africa’s second largest game reserve. You’ve got three days in an untouched land that covers more than 50,000 square kilometers. Enchanting sights are easily spotted from your bed. Just open the curtains and one of Africa’s greatest theater spaces dazzles in front of your eyes. As you head out on a game drive, a flurry of close-ups require steady hands and sharp shutter speeds. While the Kalahari may sometimes look barren, it’s home to a phenomenal concentration of majestic black-maned lions. Prides lounge beneath the sporadic trees, seemingly sleeping. But zoom in and most of the lions have one eye open, carefully inspecting the land without betraying their slumber. It’s not you that excited them. A gemsbok herd meanders nearby, heading to the waterhole. Capture the change in expression as the lionesses rise and plot their approach. Then follow the scene as it slowly plays out.
Day 2 - 3
Central Kalahari – Landscapes and Charming Close-ups
Makgadikgadi Pans – Photographer’s Challenge
Makgadikgadi Pans – A Quad Bike Adventure
Okavango Delta – The Crisp Contrasts and Dazzling Colors
Day 7 - 8
Okavango Delta – Exceptional Safari and Endless Charm
Linyanti Reserve – Elephant Herds and Hippo Pods
Linyanti Reserve – Capturing the Delights
Maun – Reliving the Camera Roll
- Spend three days in endless big cat territory as you explore the vast red landscape of the Central Kalahari Game Reserve
- Lose yourself in a white wonderland and marvel at the surreal Makgadikgadi Salt Pan
- Savor the challenge of capturing some of Africa’s most phenomenal landscapes and unique wildlife
- Discover the rich colors and lavish backdrops of the Okavango Delta, and then spend three days exploring its most abundant wildlife region, the Moremi Game Reserve
- Capture dazzling aerial vistas as light aircraft flights catapult you from wilderness to wilderness
- Shake your head in disbelief at the thousands of elephants, hippos, and giraffe that cover Chobe National Park
- Enjoy a diverse array of safari activities that keep providing a new camera angle; including walking safaris, game drives, river cruises, and night safaris.
- Always have your camera in hand as the lodges and camps are surrounded by wildlife and receive continual visits from nature’s great mammals
$6,815 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.94 stars based on 302 reviews.
Reviewed By Evan G.
Reviewed By Bettisu C.
Reviewed By Marcia H.
Reviewed By Richard A.
Reviewed By Janet W.
Reviewed By Kathy K.