Romance blossoms in Zambia with island escapes surrounded by hippos, honeymoon suites hidden amongst herds and champagne cruises past elephants. With three of the country’s three most exclusive properties, this safari itinerary combines an evocative private safari with new definitions of getaway. You will be alone in the wild, enveloped by wildlife thrills while enjoying the opulence of contemporary design. Featuring Victoria Falls, South Luangwa, and Lower Zambezi, experience it all together...
Livingstone – Privacy and Decadence on the Riverbank
The roaring Zambezi River separates Sindabezi Island Lodge from the world. There are just five decadent, open-air thatched cottages on the island, each hidden away from one another, enveloped by the roar of the river and the playful antics of nearby hippos. In one sense, the lodge is the classic waterfront escape with endless views from the verandah, a gentle breeze fluttering the curtains, comfy chairs for lazing the day away. But this is Zambia, and the excitement of wildlife is never far away. Sometimes you will spot elephants and giraffe on the distant bank, and sometimes you will hear the bellowing yelps of a baboon troop.
After landing at Livingstone International Airport, it will be a one-hour transfer by road and boat to Sindabezi Island Lodge. Check in, settle in, and appreciate the remoteness of the lodge. In the dry season, it is not unusual for elephants to swim across the river and feed on the island’s vegetated sandbanks, inspiring images that prove that you are not alone, even if there are no other people in sight. You will have both indoor and outdoor en-suite bathrooms, with an outdoor shower that is beautiful when the moon is glowing. The spacious room opens out onto the river, keeping you intrigued as the animals come and go. There is also the main camp area with roaring evening fire and raised dining area. After your arrival, the rest of the day is at your leisure, and there is always a boat available for your first romantic cruise on the river.
Day 2 - 3
Livingstone – Romance, Escapism and Victoria Falls
South Luangwa National Park – The Authenticity of Safari Under Canvas
Day 5 - 6
South Luangwa National Park – Exploring Zambia’s Evocative Big-Game Paradise
Lower Zambezi National Park – The Ultimate Seclusion Amidst the Wildlife World
Day 8 - 9
Lower Zambezi National Park – Flexible Private Safari
Lower Zambezi National Park to Livingstone – Departure
- Celebrate together with Zambia’s finest accommodation with several nights at an opulent island lodge, the next enjoying the beauty of safari under canvas, and then finish surrounded by wildlife
- Enjoy the wonders of the wild with privately-guided safari activities handcrafted towards your interests and mood each day
- Walk hand in hand through big-game paradise with exclusive walking safaris in South Luangwa and Lower Zambezi National Parks
- Admire the country from the air with a helicopter ride above Victoria Falls and light aircraft taking you to the national parks
- Follow the big cats on magnificent game drives during the day and night, and then maximize your opportunity to see leopards and lions on a hunt
- Enjoy a fresh perspective with a romantic boat safari in Lower Zambezi as you sip champagne as elephants and hippos dominate the riverbanks
- Benefit from the just-for-couples extras, like sunset picnics that overlook wildebeest-dotted plains and moonlit dinners in the bush
- Savor the authenticity of African safari in Zambia’s two flagship national parks, while enhancing the atmosphere of romance through the country’s old-world escapism
$9,095 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.93 stars based on 244 reviews.
Reviewed By Janet W.
Reviewed By Kathy K.
Reviewed By carmen H.
Reviewed By John O.
Reviewed By Debbie H.
Reviewed By Daniel N.