Zambia's undiscovered beauty offers a feast for the senses. Seven days in South Luangwa National Park offer a liberating escape into the African bush, one that's packed full of spectacular wildlife encounters. From walking safaris and total immersion in the wilderness to a three-day extension beyond the national park to a lodge on an island in the Zambezi River, just upstream from the majestic Victoria Falls, this 11-day honeymoon vacation captures the essence of Zambia.
South Luangwa National Park - Thrilling Arrival in Luangwa
You'll be met at Lusaka International Airport and guided to your connecting flight to Mfuwe. This local flight will drop you directly into the African bush. Your first two nights are spent at a chalet overlooking the Luangwa River. Using solar power and blending into its surroundings, there is nothing to interrupt the unforgettable sounds that pierce the air. With observation decks, your accommodation offers a vantage point over anything that comes to drink from the river. Each evening may bring with it a new cast of animals, from basking hippos to hunting crocodiles, elephants crossing, and vibrant, aquatic birds.
South Luangwa National Park - In Search of Sightings
South Luangwa National Park - New Experiences in the Wild
South Luangwa National Park - Unique Walking Safari of the South
South Luangwa National Park - Continue Your Safari Strolls
South Luangwa National Park - Wander the Trails of David Livingstone
South Luangwa National Park - Experience Nature in Unique Ways
Siankaba - Welcome to the Islands
Siankaba - See Victoria Falls From Every Angle
Siankaba - Explore Livingstone Island
Livingstone - Farewell to Africa!
- Spend seven days at the wildlife rich South Luangwa National Park
- Go on an intimate four day walking safari that passes elephants, hippos, and even lions
- Enjoy four different camps in South Luangwa, each deep within the bush and offering game viewing from your en-suite tent
- Spot great herds of buffalo and elephant, and then marvel at a supporting animal cast that includes leopards, crocodiles, deafening hornbills, and innumerable antelope
- Appreciate the liberation of an untouched wilderness where there are no roads, no motors, but instead the distinct soundtrack of nature
- Spend three days at one of Africa's most charming lodges, the Islands of Siankaba in the middle of the Zambezi River
- Marvel at the majestic Victoria Falls from many different angles
- Take a tour to Livingstone Island on the lip of Victoria Falls, and savor surreal views of what the locals call “the smoke that thunders”
$7,145 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.93 stars based on
Reviewed By Philippe G.
Reviewed By Jeff H.
Reviewed By Phyllis H.
Reviewed By Ron F.
Reviewed By Hillary M.
Reviewed By Elizabeth D.