Zambia is not a country that you will visit, rather it is a country that you will explore. Tucked away from the tourist trail, Zambia is home to some of Africa’s finest safari destinations and will lead you on an immersive journey to the heart of the continent. This itinerary will celebrate three flagship destinations and explore Zambia from all of its eclectic angles. Track rhinos on foot, follow big cats on nighttime drives, cruise past hippos, soar above Victoria Falls and feel your sense of...
South Luangwa – Settle into Zambia’s Flagship Safari Destination
South Luangwa epitomizes the allure of Africa. Antelopes roam the plains, vibrant colors merge along the horizon, the sense of space is absolute, and every exotic angle seems to beckon you forward. Simply flying in is a unique travel memory as your plane will swoop over the deep canyons of the Great Rift Valley to touch down on a runway that is tucked away in the park. Your international flight will land in Livingstone, and a representative will assist you in transferring you to your domestic flight bound for Zambia’s flagship safari destination. Touch down, and you will soon be reveling in the authenticity of the continent.
A guide will greet you at the airstrip, and all activities will be privately guided. Your game drive transfer to the lodge will bring an introduction to the landscape and lead you through the riverine forests and onwards to a lodge on the Luangwa River. This meandering waterway is the epicenter of the park, and most animals stay within a day’s walk of its goodness. Gaze down from your suite, and the big-game encounters continue throughout the late afternoon and into the evening. While it may have been a long journey to get to Zambia, your time spent relaxing along the river will be more than enough to convince you that it was worth it.
South Luangwa – Game Drives Across the Resplendent Wilderness
South Luangwa – Thrilling Nighttime Game Drive
South Luangwa – Flexible Day to Explore South Luangwa’s Endemic Residents
Lower Zambezi National Park – Big-Game Safari Along the Zambezi River
Lower Zambezi National Park – Game Drives and Boat Safaris in a World Heritage Site
Livingstone – Fly Over the Zambezi and Walk With Rhinos
Livingstone – The Majestic Victoria Falls
Livingstone – Free Day of Adventure in Nature’s Paradise
Livingstone – Departure from Zambia
- Immerse yourself in the wildlife wonders of South Luangwa, one of Africa’s finest safari destinations
- Discover an untouched world of big cats, huge herds, unusual antelopes, and an incredible collection of birds
- Combine daytime and nighttime game drives with walking safaris as you see South Luangwa from all of its evocative angles as your safari offers the exclusivity of a private concession with the scale of a national park
- Cruise along the Lower Zambezi and watch the herds that swim across the river, and those that drink tentatively from the banks
- Track rhinos on foot with an exclusive walk in Mosi Au Tunya National Park
- Soar above Victoria Falls in a helicopter and gaze down on the mile-wide falls and their 360-degree rainbows
- Go in search of Zambia’s endemic species, such as Crawshay’s zebra, Cookson’s wildebeest, and Thornicroft giraffe
$6,105 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.93 stars based on
Reviewed By Jeff H.
Reviewed By Philippe G.
Reviewed By Phyllis H.
Reviewed By Ron F.
Reviewed By Elizabeth D.
Reviewed By Hillary M.