Leopards prowl beneath the moonlight, cheetahs and wild dogs cross the iconic open plains, lions inhabit trees and chase endemic species as your time in Zambia will bring an inspiring intimacy with Africa’s legendary predators. This handcrafted safari will follow the iconic hunters through South Luangwa and Kafue National Parks with exclusive activities bringing extraordinary moments. The itinerary will take you off the beaten track and into the wilderness where predators will always take center...
South Luangwa National Park – Relaxed First Day on Safari
An air of tranquility flutters across South Luangwa National Park. Sit on your balcony as you arrive and slowly allow your senses to succumb to the scene. Trumpets echo from afar as a herd of elephants crosses the mopane woodland. Fresh scents float on the breeze, suggestive of a land untouched by humankind. Giraffe lopes along the horizon while zebras dominate the landscape beneath the camp. You have likely come to Africa for the big cats, but seeking them out is not a race across the savanna. Begin as you immerse yourself and your senses for that is the only way to understand the predators’ world. Take your time and breathe in the seductive air of a landscape untrammeled by humans. You will be able to feel how your mind and body can be energized by the wild, and there will be lots of time to follow the predators, so you can relax and unwind as you arrive.
Earlier in the day, you will land in Lusaka, and a representative will assist in transferring you onto a domestic flight bound for South Luangwa National Park. It is a one-hour game drive transfer to your boutique camp that overlooks the water, and you will find yourself on a rich open savanna, even able to see lions from your balcony. You will often hear them during the evening with baritone roars that can echo for up to eight miles. There will be time for a late-afternoon game drive and perhaps even a nighttime drive, but the main focus of the day is for you to settle into the landscape’s rhythm and let your senses adjust to the environment.
South Luangwa National Park – Diverse Cast of Big Cats
South Luangwa National Park – Exclusive Nighttime Drive
South Luangwa National Park – Flexible Day Following the Predators
Kafue National Park – Exploring One of Africa’s Ultimate Wildernesses
Kafue National Park – On the Trail of Wild Dogs
Kafue National Park – The Iconic Cheetahs of the Busanga Plains
Livingstone – Baboons and Hippos Along the Zambezi River
Day 9 - 10
Livingstone – Relaxed Days Within Earshot of Victoria Falls
Livingstone – Departure
- Game drive across the Busanga Plains and uncover one of Africa’s healthiest wild dog populations to observe legendary predators that hunt on the open grasslands
- Explore one of the continent’s finest leopard populations with exclusive nighttime game drives in South Luangwa National Park
- Get close to the wild cheetahs in Kafue National Park with opportunities to see the majestic cats as they accelerate across the plains
- Spot numerous lion prides from up close, including those on the prowl and those that climb trees
- Follow the predatory storyline from both sides as you watch the hunters stalk their prey and discover the unique methods of protection used by endemic species
- Enjoy a fully flexible and individualized safari program that will incorporate a full range of activities, including walking safaris and nighttime exploration
- Go far off the beaten track and discover the big cats without other vehicles and visitors to interrupt your experience
- Complete your safari with three relaxed nights spent around Victoria Falls for an idyllic place to recount your time spent with Africa’s iconic predators
$4,945 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.93 stars based on 244 reviews.
Reviewed By Janet W.
Reviewed By Kathy K.
Reviewed By carmen H.
Reviewed By John O.
Reviewed By Debbie H.
Reviewed By Hal C.