Gallop with the zebra, walk amongst the elephants, and paddle past the hippos and lions as your itinerary brings delightful and exclusive safari perspectives, bringing you out of the vehicle and into the untouched African atmosphere. Your handcrafted safari will celebrate unique vantage points with days spent enjoying Africa’s original walking safari in South Luangwa, safari on horseback with the herds of Kafue, and several days of water-based safari with the big game of the Lower Zambezi wetlands....
South Luangwa National Park – Entering the Wild
There is something wonderfully humbling about walking in wild Africa. Vervet monkeys scamper past you with their mischievous black faces changing expression every few seconds. Buffalo graze on one side, chewing and staring without pause as Crawshay’s zebra is on the other, an endemic species just meters away. You can hear the grazing as you listen to each set of hoofs thudding into the rustic-red dirt. Walking further, you will find a herd of roan antelope, their magnificent horns fully appreciated because you are also on the ground level. It is not simply the animals you see, but the way you see them, out in the open.
Today you will connect in Lusaka onto a domestic flight to South Luangwa, where it will be a 90-minute game drive from the airstrip to your luxury camp. Settle in, and then take your first walking safari after lunch to hear the crunch of your own footsteps over the landscape. This one will be an easy explorative journey to help you get accustomed to the atmosphere and the style of the safari. Nothing is rushed on foot, so you will walk slowly and carefully admire all of the changes and clues. The locals have always done this, coexisting with nature in their own unique way. Their complex understanding of animal behavior and animal tracking makes a walking safari very safe, even if you occasionally encounter giants, like an elephant herd. It will be an easy two-hour walk today, followed by a languid evening at the camp to listen to the sounds that perforate the canvas.
Day 2 - 4
South Luangwa National Park – Africa’s Original Walking Safari
Kafue National Park – First Rides on the Busanga Plains
Day 6 - 7
Kafue National Park – Exclusive Zambian Horseback Safari
Lower Zambezi National Park – Paddling Through the Evocative Canals
Day 9 - 10
Lower Zambezi National Park – Unique Water-Based Safari
Day 11 - 13
Livingstone – Relaxation and Victoria Falls
Livingstone – Departure
- Experience Africa’s finest walking safari with days spent in South Luangwa National Park to wander across big-game landscapes inaccessible to vehicles
- Gallop with the herds on an exclusive horse riding safari around Kafue National Park, where the sense of escapism will rise to new levels
- Get closer to the giants with days of water-based safari in the Lower Zambezi wetlands as canoes and motorboats bring you into an intimate world of safari drama
- Relax after your adventures with a leisurely three-day stay along the Zambezi River, just upriver from Victoria Falls
- Connect with the predators in all three of your safari destinations, with short day and nighttime game drives ensuring that you do not miss out on any of the wildlife
- Celebrate the sensual excess of Africa on a true safari under canvas with suites that are wonderfully comfortable and effortlessly open to the wonders of the wild
- Discover another perspective as you fly between the national parks with elephants and buffalo herds among those you can see from the window
- Come to appreciate the nuances of wildlife and the wilderness as exclusive safari activities will allow you to get closer and understand more of the detail
$8,731 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.93 stars based on
Reviewed By Philippe G.
Reviewed By Jeff H.
Reviewed By Ron F.
Reviewed By brad s.
Reviewed By Elizabeth D.
Reviewed By Phyllis H.