Zambia’s most mesmerizing appeal comes from the diversity of safari perspectives. Horseback ride with giraffe and rhinos, savor Africa’s premier walking safari, and watch animals quarrel on the river banks from a motorboat and a canoe. Game drives go off the trail and continue into the night, helicopters take you above Victoria Falls, and light aircraft connects the various parks that are teeming with an abundant cast of wildlife. Welcome to the big-game wilderness, where every activity offers...
Livingstone – Helicopter Ride above Victoria Falls
A rainbow of hues stretches out from the Zambezi River. A kaleidoscope of colors is represented in the dense green of the woodland, the lush emerald of the open grasslands, the yellows and oranges created by the sun’s reflection, and the intense blue of the Zambezi River. Follow these colors from the helicopter window, then focus on the blue, and how it slices through the wild, bulges until it’s over a mile in width, then disappears into a 108-meter deep canyon. The water rises as a spray, where it’s common to see 360-degree rainbows reaching out from the cascade. This is Victoria Falls, where more water tips over the edge than anywhere else in the world. And it is a perfect introduction to Africa, a helicopter giving you the best angle on the aesthetics of both the falls and its astonishing surroundings.
Today, you land in Livingstone, where it is a short transfer to a lodge on the Zambezi River. Take a relaxed lunch and watch the odd hippo in the water below, and a troop of baboons jumping past the lodge. After the helicopter tour, you continue the adventure by following a walking trail that runs parallel to the falls. Cross Knife-Edge Bridge to find cataracts in the Zambezi where there is a break in the spray, and capture some close-up photos of the falls. After returning to the trailhead, you can walk a different route, descending to the river beneath the falls, a nice place to relax for an hour or so. You are then transferred back to the lodge for a quiet evening where it is hard to miss the hippos emerging from the water.
Livingstone – Horseback Safari with Rhinos and Giraffe
South Luangwa National Park – Predators on a Full-Day Game Drive
South Luangwa National Park – Africa’s Original Walking Safari
South Luangwa National Park – A Flexible Day and a Nighttime Game Drive
Lower Zambezi National Park – The Beauty of Safari from the Water
Day 7 - 8
Lower Zambezi National Park – Connecting the Angles: Flexible Two Days of Big-Game Safari
Livingstone – Aerial Safari and Departure
- Wander into the wilderness in South Luangwa with an exclusive safari on foot, tracking the ungulates in the park that invented walking safaris
- Explore the darkness with thrilling nighttime game drives in South Luangwa, a perfect chance to find lions and leopards hunting beneath the moonlight
- In Mosi-ou-Tunya National Park, you will spend a day horseback riding with zebra, giraffe, rhinos, and elephants
- Spend relaxed days on the water in Lower Zambezi National Park, where you will enjoy a safari by motorboat and by a silent local canoe
- Take a helicopter ride above Victoria Falls, then combine the perspective by walking across Knife-Edge bridge that runs parallel to the falls
- Insert game drives into most of your safari days, with dawn and dusk times ideal for seeking out different predators, including the packs of wild dog found in South Luangwa
- Fully customize your safari program in Lower Zambezi National Park, combining activities based on the animals you wish to see and the closeness you wish to experience
- Marvel at Zambia from the air with light aircraft flights between the parks, a great chance to appreciate the scale of these wild lands
$7,015 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.93 stars based on 244 reviews.
Reviewed By Janet W.
Reviewed By Kathy K.
Reviewed By carmen H.
Reviewed By John O.
Reviewed By Debbie H.
Reviewed By Daniel N.