Africa still has big-game landscapes that have yet to be documented and discovered. Zambia’s Liuwa Plain and Kafue National Parks have only just opened to tourists, and the experience is remarkable as you can explore a final frontier that was previously inaccessible. The wildlife is outstanding and ranges from famous predators to mass migrations, and wildlife reacts without fear of your presence. This 12-day itinerary is a unique chance to experience these new, almost secret destinations before...
Livingstone – Arrival and Relaxing on the Water
Zambia’s final frontiers take you into the unknown, which can be a little daunting when you have only just arrived after a long international flight. Livingstone is the country’s tourism hub, a quaint town a few miles from Victoria Falls. Touch down, and you will be smoothly transferred to a luxury lodge on the banks of the Zambezi River. The lodge is calm and charming, and you can pass a lazy afternoon of watching the water and recuperating from your journey. Spend your first evening on a sunset cruise and enjoy fine dining as elephants and hippos start to appear along the banks. As you are ready, you can drift off to the sounds of nature at your spacious riverfront suite.
Livingstone – Victoria Falls and Leisurely Day
Liuwa Plain National Park – Unexplored Grasslands
Day 4 - 7
Liuwa Plain National Park – Spectacular Big-Game Safari
Kafue National Park – Discovering the Unique Busanga Plains
Kafue National Park – Unique Encounters in Miombo and Mopane Woodland
Kafue National Park – Full-Day Drive Across the Wilderness
Kafue National Park – Final Safari Experiences and Returning to Livingstone
Livingstone – Departure
- Discover two destinations that have only recently become readily accessible to tourism, where the wildlife reacts inquisitively to your presence
- Disappear into the far west of Zambia and the remarkable Liuwa Plain National Park, a resplendent grassland filled with undocumented migrations and intense predatory scenes
- Experience the big-game enormity of Kafue National Park, a thrilling expanse of woodland and swamp that is making for some of Africa’s most intimate encounters
- Watch huge herds roam across the grasslands with many thousands of wildebeest and tsessebe among those that are tracked by hyenas
- Find some of Africa’s most unique predator encounters, with all the famous cats overly represented in both parks
- Enjoy some downtime before and after the safari with a stay in Livingstone, on the banks of the Zambezi River, just upriver from Victoria Falls
- Fully appreciate the subtleties of the wilderness and uncover the habitats of rare and endangered mammals, along with exotic birds yet to be recorded
- Spend nine full days on big-game safari, with light aircraft the only means of accessing the two national parks
$13,723 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.93 stars based on 263 reviews.
Reviewed By Kathy T.
Reviewed By patricia g.
Reviewed By Michael P.
Reviewed By Eliezer B.
Reviewed By brad s.
Reviewed By Laura C.