Zambia does safari differently. Remote multi-day walks track unique mammals, intrepid overland adventures connect contrasting worlds without another person in sight; you’re submerged in wildernesses that haven’t been seen or documented. Handcrafted for safari aficionados and those that have visited Africa before, this exclusive 12-day journey reveals three Zambian parks that are arguably the best-kept secrets on the continent: North Luangwa, Kafue and Liuwa Plain.
Lusaka – Relaxed Overnight in the Capital
Lusaka has evolved rapidly in recent years, and first impressions are of its changing facade and contemporary design. While Zambia’s capital isn’t big on charm, it’s become a very modern city that’s filled with all the necessary comforts. You’ll be greeted at the airport and transferred to a luxury property close to the airport. The guide can take you to modern shopping malls for anything you might need to stock up on. From tomorrow, it’s going to be 11 days in the wilderness, so this quick overnight stop ensures you’re fully equipped. It’s also a necessity so that you can catch the early morning flight to North Luangwa tomorrow.
North Luangwa National Park – Starting the Adventure on Foot
Day 3 - 4
North Luangwa National Park – Magic and Mystique
Kafue National Park – Immersed in the Untouched Charm
Day 6 - 7
Kafue National Park – An Overland Safari Adventure
Liuwa Plain National Park – Remote and Wild in Western Zambia
Day 9 - 11
Liuwa Plain National Park – Immersed in Africa’s Most Exciting New Safari Destination
Liuwa Plain National Park to Lusaka – Departure
- Journey far from vehicle trails with a thrilling 3-day walking safari in North Luangwa National Park, a chance to become one with Africa’s wilderness
- Savor the thrills of an overland adventure with a 3-day journey crossing Kafue National Park, from the open plains to the thick woodlands of wild Africa
- Uncover Africa’s new secret with four days in Liuwa Plain National Park, a spectacular big-game landscape that’s only just becoming accessible for tourism
- Immerse yourself in epic national parks that are off the standard trail and receive very few visitors, places where your connection with nature is never interrupted
- Fly between the national parks and enjoy aerial safaris that celebrate the wonderful scale of Zambia’s destinations
- Enhance the discovery with some of Zambia’s finest guides; each day tailored towards slowly exploring everything that makes safari so special, not merely spotting the famous animals
- Spend the nights at remote camps that blend into the landscape, listening to nature’s soundtrack and watching herds rumble beneath the starry skies
- Tailor the adventure to particular interests, including certain animals you haven’t seen on your previous trips to Africa
$11,755 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.93 stars based on 244 reviews.
Reviewed By Kathy K.
Reviewed By Janet W.
Reviewed By carmen H.
Reviewed By John O.
Reviewed By Daniel N.
Reviewed By Debbie H.