Uncover the heart of Africa, combining two exquisite and untouched destinations. First explore South Luangwa National Park, a seductive paradise that connects the highlights of big-game safari. See the predators and follow the trails around the Luangwa River for three days, then disappear into the remote bush for some thrilling safari under canvas where there is a new activity every day. Finally, you will escape to Lake Malawi and enjoy five days of revitalization beside sandy beaches and fresh...
South Luangwa National Park - Big Safari Introductions
The journey to South Luangwa is a thrill, soaring into the north of Zambia, touching down in a park that is many hundreds of miles from the nearest city. You are greeted and assisted at Lusaka Airport, transferring onto a light aircraft that follows the lines of the Great Rift Valley, crossing swathes of forest and long stretches of open plains. You touch down beside Thornicroft’s giraffes, just one of the species that are endemic to the park. Elephants are close by, and it is not long before you spot a herd of these boisterous characters that amble in and out of the trees. It is a short drive to the camp, and you start to see more of the wildlife cast, like large herds of buffalos, and the peculiar white spots that distinguish bushbuck from their antelope cousins.
South Luangwa National Park - Lounging on the Luangwa River
South Luangwa National Park - Relaxed Safari Experience
South Luangwa National Park - Luxury Safari in a Remote Part of South Luangwa
South Luangwa National Park - Exploring the Best of the Bush
South Luangwa National Park - Walking Safaris and Game Drives
Cape Maclear - Color and Culture en Route to Lake Malawi
Cape Maclear - Relaxing on Africa’s Most Beautiful Lake
Cape Maclear - Exploring Rural Malawi on Foot and Mountain Bikes
Cape Maclear - Sailing Lake Malawi on a Private Yacht
Cape Maclear - Free Day on the Water
Lilongwe - Departure
- Enjoy the easiest of safari introductions with a luxury lodge on the Luangwa River, and game drives in the heart of South Luangwa National Park
- Savor the sight of Africa’s most elusive predators as you follow prowling leopards and wild dogs
- Journey into remote swathes of Zambia’s flagship safari destinations, with three days of luxury safari under canvas in the heart of the bush
- Combine game drives with Africa’s best walking safari opportunities, with options for short walks around the camp or full-day expeditions into the big-game territory
- Add further charm to the safari with nighttime game drives, and boat safaris along the Luangwa River (seasonal), plus breakfasts in the bush, and picnics overlooking animal-dappled plains
- Enjoy a glimpse of Malawi’s color on a journey by land from Lilongwe to Cape Maclear, and a day walking or mountain biking through traditional villages
- Spend a few days lounging on the shores of Lake Malawi, where quiet sandy beaches blend into the pristine blue of Africa’s prettiest lake
- Sail around Lake Malawi on a private yacht, taking in the colors that blur all over the landscape
$14,035 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.93 stars based on
Reviewed By Philippe G.
Reviewed By Tee B.
Reviewed By Jeff H.
Reviewed By Phyllis H.
Reviewed By Hillary M.
Reviewed By Rita C.