In Zambia’s North Luangwa National Park, luxury is in the experience. Vehicles cannot penetrate this wilderness, and the park is only open June to October, and only to visitors on foot. The Big Five roam here, along with a diverse cast of four-legged icons. You are completely immersed at mobile camps along the rivers, then astonishingly intimate on a private 6-day walking safari. It is perhaps Africa’s deepest and rarest connection with the big-game world.
Livingstone – Sunset Cruise on the Zambezi River
A lodge on the Zambezi River provides a dreamy introduction to Zambia. Your spacious chalet is perched above the water, stocked with the décor from an old-world boutique hotel, and as luxurious as any accommodation in the country. You are greeted at the airport, and spend the afternoon resting at the lodge, looking out toward the hippos and watching the baboons swing past. A sunset cruise leads you into the night, cocktails and canapes served as the hippos emerge. Orange colors reflect off the water as dinner is served, a three-course culinary extravaganza that marries local flavors with Western styles. You keep cruising, inspecting the banks for the hippos out grazing, then return to the lodge for a quiet evening.
Livingstone – Admiring Victoria Falls
South Luangwa National Park – Game Drive Introductions to the Wild
North Luangwa National Park – Flying into Isolated Wilderness
Day 5 - 6
North Luangwa National Park – Exploring the Big-Five Mwaleshi River Area on Two Feet
North Luangwa National Park – Africa’s Ultimate Walking Safari Destination
Day 8 - 9
North Luangwa National Park – Fly Camping and Walking
Day 10 - 11
Livingstone – Relaxed Days on the Zambezi River
Livingstone – Departure
- Explore a big-game landscape that is inaccessible to vehicles and rarely ever seen by human eyes, with six days of walking safaris in the exclusive North Luangwa National Park
- Immerse yourself in the rhythm of the wilderness with mobile camps perched above animal-dappled rivers
- Wander with the herds and gaze across at some of Africa’s giants, a North Luangwa walking safari making it possible for you to get relatively close to elephants, buffalos, and black rhinos
- Follow the spoor of the predators and learn how to analyze animal behavior, knowing when to get closer and when to give the animals a wider berth
- Rest and relax before the walking safari by spending two nights at an opulent lodge on the banks of the Zambezi, just upriver from Victoria Falls
- Introduce yourself to the world of the four-legged giants with a day of game drives in South Luangwa National Park
- After six days walking in the heart of the wild, you have two more nights back in Livingstone, returning to traditional luxuries before the journey home
$13,879 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.93 stars based on
Reviewed By Paula Z.
Reviewed By Philippe G.
Reviewed By Phyllis H.
Reviewed By Jeff H.
Reviewed By Tee B.
Reviewed By Ron F.