Take a private flight across the wilderness on this 11-day safari to East Africa’s secrets. Kidepo Valley is the land of the giant game and exhilarating savannah encounters. In the Semuliki forest, you will find chimpanzees that walk on two feet. Encounter newly habituated gorilla troops in Bwindi, then embark on unique horseback and mountain bike safaris in Lake Mburo. Handcrafted for those who want adventure and luxury, this safari travels to exclusive parks that delight in their impressions...
Entebbe – Arrival and Lake Victoria Sunset Cruise
Within an hour of landing in Entebbe, you are looking out over Lake Victoria, the serene water that stretches over the heart of East Africa. Along the shore is the old Colonial capital, the whitewashed buildings softly crumbling as they gather dust. Some of the broad boulevards feel like a ghost town as if they have not changed since the early part of the 20th century. Take a short walking tour in the afternoon, then embark onto a private boat, sailing along the shores of Lake Victoria as the sunset turns the waters golden. Tomorrow, you will be heading into the wilderness, and a night of contemporary comfort helps get you ready for your adventure after the international flight.
Kidepo Valley National Park – Remote Big-Game Savanna
Kidepo Valley National Park – Giants of Africa
Semuliki National Park – Monkeys and Mangabeys
Semuliki National Park – Finding Walking Chimpanzees
Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park – Relaxed Afternoon in the Forest
Day 7 - 8
Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park – Trekking to Gorilla Troops
Lake Mburo National Park – Downtime with Zebra, Buffalo, and Hippos
Lake Mburo National Park – Horseback and Mountain Bike Safari
Entebbe – Departure
- Gorilla trekking is a timeless Uganda highlight, but this safari continues to keep it new, giving you a chance to visit two recently habituated gorilla troops
- Trek to view chimpanzees who walk on two feet in Semuliki National Park, the only place in Africa where this rare behavior is regularly observed
- Fly between the wildernesses in private planes, aerial journeys that offer stunning views over Uganda and eliminating long journeys by road
- Escape into one of Africa’s wildest savannahs, Kidepo Valley, a destination where the giant game are not yet used to human presence, and their natural reactions to you are a huge part of the experience
- Enjoy tranquil Lake Mburo National Park where horseback and mountain bike safaris are just two of the activities at your final destination
- Bizarre monkeys and mangabeys continue the primate experience in Semuliki, the troops often swinging past your lodge in the forest
- The handpicked accommodation offers indulgence and opulence while preserving the atmosphere that emanates from the wild surroundings where the wildlife regularly wanders past
- Surprise comes from the heart of the experience in each of the destinations, East Africa’s best kept secrets offer a chance to embrace behaviors and interactions most have never seen
$14,009 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.86 stars based on
Reviewed By carmen c.
Reviewed By Alexa G.
Reviewed By Emily F.
Reviewed By Richard K.
Reviewed By Katherine M.
Reviewed By Jacqueline S.