Exquisite and evocative, East Africa's mountain gorilla troops always dance to their own beat. Each is different, and showcase contrasts in size, social structure, behavior, and emotion. On this luxury gorilla trekking safari, you will visit three distinctive troops in Uganda's Bwindi Impenetrable Forest and Rwanda's Volcanoes National Park. With luxurious accommodation perched high above the canopy, this is an immersive 7-night itinerary full of gorilla subtleties and complexities.
Volcanoes National Park – The Terraced Beauty of Rural Rwanda
Terraced hills roll across Rwanda and fill the landscape with a complex array of greens. Women in colorful wraps add further hues as their vibrancy further lightens up the panorama. Roads undulate through the terraces to paint a portrait of rural East Africa in its quintessence. You will be greeted at Kigali International Airport, and it's a picturesque two to three-hour transfer to Volcanoes National Park and your luxurious lodge. Perched above the canopy to gaze down on the ripples of mist, the lodge exudes a pleasant air of serenity and is a place that is quick to help you reenergize after the flight to East Africa.
Volcanoes National Park – Rwanda Gorilla Trekking
Volcanoes National Park – Tracking Golden Monkeys
Bwindi Impenetrable National Park – Lake Kivu and the Mountainous Delight
Bwindi Impenetrable National Park – Exclusive Uganda Gorilla Trekking
Bwindi Impenetrable National Park – Gorilla Trekking From Rushaga Trailhead
Kigali – Exploring History and Culture in the Rwandan Capital
Kigali – Departure
- Visit three contrasting gorilla troops from three trekking trailheads in Uganda and Rwanda to intimately admire the differences in behavior and social structure
- Explore Rwanda's Virunga Mountains and visit one of its ten habituated gorilla troops and choose between the troops that inhabit the upper slopes or those closer to the trailhead
- Savor the exclusivity of gorilla trekking from the Nkuringo trailhead in Uganda's Bwindi National Park, where only eight daily visitors can set off into the forest
- Compare behaviors as you visit a second gorilla troop in Uganda, this time in the Rushaga area of the park
- Surround yourself with endangered golden monkeys in Volcanoes National Park
- Spend time in a local Rwandan community and explore the scenic delights of the region, including Lake Kivu and the terraced hills of remote Uganda
- Stay in the region's most luxurious lodges
$11,955 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.54 stars based on 13 reviews.
Reviewed By carmen c.
Reviewed By Richard K.
Reviewed By Penelope P.
Reviewed By Pia G.
Reviewed By Stephanie K.
Reviewed By PATRICIA D.