As the great wildebeest migration reaches the Masai Mara, you will hardly know where to focus your lens. From one angle, you will watch crocodiles snap at wildebeest that charge across the Mara River. From another, you will see lion cubs feasting on a zebra carcass. Turn around to see a leopard jumping onto the back of a gazelle as hyena looks on as the herds of wildebeest move evocatively across the plains. Guided by a celebrated wildlife photographer, this specialized safari for photographers...
Nairobi – Welcome Dinner in Nairobi
After touching down in Kenya's capital, you will be greeted at the airport and transferred to a beautiful hotel that overlooks Nairobi National Park. Your opportunities for incredible photos will have already started with the city's distant skyscrapers a backdrop to the wild giraffe and elephant seen on the savanna. Your Masai Mara itinerary is an active one, so today is about relaxing at your hotel and recuperating from your flight. In the early evening, you will meet your photographer guide for a welcome dinner. The rest of the safari will include workshops full of tips and techniques, but for tonight, the welcome meal is all about friendship.
Masai Mara National Reserve – First Game Drive
Day 3 - 6
Masai Mara National Reserve – Photographing the Dramatic Migration Scenes
Day 7 - 8
Mara North Conservancy – The Rare and Exclusive Side
Mara North Conservancy – Masai Mara Great Migration Aerial Photography
Mara North Conservancy to Nairobi – Departure
- Savor your 9-day adventure in the Masai Mara as you capture the exquisite beauty of the great wildebeest migration
- Be guided by an expert wildlife photographer, with private workshops on creative techniques that will bring the best out of your images from your camera
- Relax at a camp that overlooks the Mara River, giving you immediate access to the wild whenever the wildebeest make their dramatic river crossing
- Enjoy five days in the Masai Mara National Reserve, the home of the greatest concentration of wild mammals on the planet during the Great Migration
- Photograph the more obscure side of the Masai Mara with three days spent in the private Mara North Conservancy, where walking safaris will bring you closer to the antelope and rare animals found there
- Soar above the plains in a hot air balloon for expressive aerial photos of wildebeest migration patterns
- Visit a local Masai community and photograph the human side of the Masai Mara
- Spend time on safari to capture the most revered of safari photos, like leopards and cheetahs out hunting or lions biting into bloodied carcasses
- A tailored open-sided vehicle maximizes the space and flexibility a photographer requires, coming with beanbag rests and clamps along with 360-degree swivel chairs
$8,695 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.89 stars based on 157 reviews.
Reviewed By Jamie M.
Reviewed By Rachael H.
Reviewed By Brian M.
Reviewed By Jim D.
Reviewed By Joseph R.
Reviewed By Marlene A.