Handcrafted for wildlife photographers, this adventurous, 10-day Kenyan safari will give you the ultimate angles of cheetahs and other big cats. You will explore with specialist guides and on private game drives that venture off the trail to achieve the ultimate shots. Ease into Big Five photography in Laikipia, capture iconic scenes in the Masai Mara, and then explore beneath the surface with a big cat safari in Mara North Conservancy. Expect to return home with eternal and ineffable photos of...
Nairobi – Introduction
Kenya is usually a long way from home. Having a leisurely first day will help you to overcome the travel fatigue and get ready for eight days in the bush. An overnight layover is often unavoidable due to flight times because local flights to safari destinations leave in the mornings. After landing at Nairobi’s international airport, you will be greeted by a guide for a private transfer to Karen, which is a bucolic suburb on Nairobi’s outskirts. Giraffe and elephant encounters are possible in this area, so you can jump straight into the wildlife should you wish. If you are tired, you can rest at your boutique lodge and save your energy for the next few days.
Laikipia Plateau – Easing into the Safari
Day 3 - 4
Laikipia Plateau – Big Five Photography
Masai Mara National Reserve – Searching for Cheetah
Masai Mara National Reserve – Aerial Shots
Day 7 - 9
Mara North Conservancy – Intimate Big Cat Photography
Mara North – Departure
- Enjoy the ultimate big cat angles during a three-day, off-the-trail safari in Mara North Conservancy
- Capture the Big Five on camera with three days of private safari in Laikipia Plateau
- Track cheetahs in the grasslands to capture unreal photographs of their moods and behaviors
- Photograph the Mara patchwork during an incredible hot air balloon ride
- Immerse yourself with many endangered animals, including rhinos and other species like gerenuk, which are almost exclusive to Kenya
- Snap photos as a specialist photographer guide joins you for game drives in Laikipia and the Masai Mara
- Take photos of the Mara River, where wildebeest and zebra herds meet hippos and predators
- Venture closer and improve your skills as every game drive is privately tailored to the shots you want to capture
$6,235 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.9 stars based on
Reviewed By Huan W.
Reviewed By Katharine B.
Reviewed By Linda G.
Reviewed By Kacey T.
Reviewed By Alicen H.
Reviewed By Paul G.