East Africa’s revered experiences often fall into three categories. The primates and trekking to chimpanzees and gorillas in the forests of Uganda. The predators, the lions and leopards among those that prowl in Kenya on the Masai Mara and beyond. And the beach, an Indian Ocean island the perfect place to escape it all. This two-week multi-country safari combines the three, an immersion into the intimate delights of the region, connected by light aircraft that hops to remote destinations.
Nairobi – Wildlife Introductions in the Capital City
Nairobi is a remarkable city. An elephant ambles across the savannah beneath your balcony, backdropped by distant tower blocks. Three giraffes are in your vicinity, juxtaposed by the city’s banking offices. Nature has always thrived in Kenya, and it continues to do so in Nairobi National Park, the largest urban plain of wildlife anywhere on the planet. Your hotel is on the edge of the city, with a suite overlooking these plains, and a place to overcome travel fatigue and settle into the wonder of East Africa. You are greeted at the airport, and it is a 30-minute transfer to the hotel, where the rest of the afternoon is at your leisure.
Day 2 - 3
Ol Pejeta Conservancy – Sublime Big-Five Safari
Day 4 - 5
Mara Naboisho Conservancy (Masai Mara) – Exclusive Encounters with the Predators
Bwindi Impenetrable Forest – Flying Across East Africa
Day 7 - 8
Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park – Two Exhilarating Gorilla Treks
Kibale Forest National Park – Strange Monkeys of the Volcanic Forest
Kibale Forest National Park – Charms of Chimpanzee Trekking
Mahe Island – Transferring to White-Sand Paradise
Day 12 - 14
Mahe Island – Serenity to Follow the Safari
Mahe Island – Departure
- Go gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest twice, marveling at the intimacy of the experience
- Enjoy easy introductions to safari at the big-five Ol Pejeta Conservancy, where East Africa’s greatest population of rhinos are among the attractions
- Delve into the depths of Kibale Forest and spend an hour with a troop of wild chimpanzees
- Discover the big cats of the Masai Mara, going off the trail to find leopards and cheetahs in a private Mara conservancy
- After the safari comes the beach, four days of tranquility on Mahe Island, with white sand and tropical waters beneath your suite
- Combine the safari activities in Kenya, with the opportunity for game walks and nighttime drives, as well as combining Mara Naboisho Conservancy with contiguous Masai Mara National Reserve
- Exploring Kibale Forest, you also find many other rare primates, with mangabeys and monkeys never far from your lodge
- Light aircraft connect destinations, allowing you to combine the primate and predator safari in ten days, before your flight out to the Seychelles
$11,695 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.89 stars based on
Reviewed By carmen c.
Reviewed By Carol t.
Reviewed By Dave F.
Reviewed By Katherine M.
Reviewed By JEANA L.
Reviewed By Diane D.