The Okavango and Zimbabwe are landscapes where the elephants and the hippos have the right of way, and it is usual to spend a day on a safari and not encounter another human being. These epic safari destinations will immerse you in both wildlife abundance and diversity to showcase the very best of a continent untamed. Crafted for both adventure and charm, this 12-day safari itinerary will take you deep into the wild and then complement the raw authenticity of the landscape with all of the salubrious...
Maun to Jao Concession – Surrounded by the Oasis
There's a dreamy preconception of the Okavango Delta as water abounds, lush colors intersect on the horizon, hippos are everywhere, and tiny islands are surrounded by the flooded plains. This dreamy image is the reality in the west of the Okavango Delta, the area that floods most comprehensively. You will be staying at a camp on one of these marooned islands, fully surrounded by the bounty of the oasis. Yours is a stylish tented safari camp raised on wooden platforms, with just eight suites that blend into nature. Each suite has its own private deck, and the design is wonderfully boutique, which complements the wandering hippos and the buffalos in the water below.
Your international flights will land in Maun where a representative will help to transfer you to a small plane. The micro flight to Jao Concession provides a compelling view, and you will descend across the blue of the flood plains. For the Okavango, Hunda is a relatively large island, measuring around 250 square miles and allowing for land-based safari activities, although the program is likely to be dominated by the water-based safari adventures. The island's size also enables a diversity of wildlife with resident mammals joined by migratory arrivals. Touch down in the late afternoon, and you will have time for a sunset cruise to sip from your wine glass as hippos and elephants wade around the shallows.
Day 2 - 3
Jao Concession – Iconic Water Safari in the Okavango
Moremi Game Reserve – Okavango Aerial Safari
Day 5 - 6
Moremi Game Reserve – Thrilling Safari in Big Cat Country
Linkwasha Concession – Elephants and Buffalos Get Right of Way
Day 8 - 9
Linkwasha Concession – Safari Amidst the Breathtaking Abundance
Victoria Falls – Thrilling Rumble of the Falls
Victoria Falls – The Majestic Mosi-au-Tunya by Microflight
Victoria Falls – Departure
- Handpicked camps offer exceptional luxury while maintaining an effortless immersion in the wild
- Savor three days of classic water safari in the Okavango, where boats are the only way to get around and hippos greet you every morning
- Feel the exhilaration as you spend three days on Chief's Island, a big cat haven in the heart of the Okavango
- Explore the Delta from many inspiring angles, mixing game drives with bush walks and plenty of serene mokoro canoe trips
- Get lost in the wilderness of Hwange, Zimbabwe's flagship national park that’s packed with animals yet hardly has any two-legged visitors
- Surround yourself with elephants and buffalos during your three days in Hwange's Linkwasha Concession where the pachyderms have the right of way on the plains
- Discover the beautiful diversity of African wildlife with eclectic days of safari that will ensure that you can discover the beautiful diversity of African wildlife, including many encounters with the big cats
- The Zambezi River and Victoria Falls provide a tranquil follow-on to your safari, and you will discover it all from ground level and the window of your light aircraft
$17,623 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.91 stars based on 220 reviews.
Reviewed By SATHYANARAYANA S.
Reviewed By Patrick S.
Reviewed By Jim H.
Reviewed By Danijela Z.
Reviewed By brad s.
Reviewed By Paul R.