Zambia and Okavango bring the thrilling authenticity of a luxury African safari. Both regions are entirely wild and untamed, yet dotted with opulent lodges that blend into nature. Big cats and large herds have the right of way, but it is rare that you come across other people. Adventurous and dramatic experiences combine with calm and delightful options such as a sunset river cruise. This two-week custom safari will capture the flagship Okavango and Zambia experiences and includes Southern Africa's...
Moremi Game Reserve – The Big Game of Chief's Island
A hippo yawning, a nomadic elephant marching, and a zebra herd grazing are just a few of the sights that will greet you at your first luxury camp, perfectly perched on the edge of Chief's Island. In this big game heart of the Okavango, you can sit back and let the safari to come to you. Just lounge on your wooden deck and a procession of wildlife will roll past. Your safari does not start or end, certainly not in the Okavango, as it is an experience that continues all day and all night. From the random mammals hooting in the woodland to the sitatunga antelope that go swimming at sunrise, this is wild Africa, and you are totally immersed.
You will land at Maun International and then transfer onto a light aircraft bound for Chief's Island in Moremi Game Reserve. Touch down, and it will be a short transfer to the camp, where snacks and drinks are served along with a glorious view over the waterways. You will then start your exploration with an afternoon game drive, one that's likely to seek out the large pride of resident lion and the bountiful leopards. A long verandah offers a private space to relax and watch the wildlife, and it comes complete with a star bath and sky bed, making it one of Botswana's most relaxed and romantic escapes. A dining area is also well positioned beneath the stars, and you will be hearing the wildlife through the night.
Day 2 - 3
Moremi Game Reserve – Iconic Okavango Safari
Duba Plains – Buffalos and Lions Meet on the Plains
Day 5 - 6
Duba Plains – Immersed in the Safari Beauty of the Delta
Zambezi River – A Luxury Island Lodge on the Zambezi
Zambezi River – Exploring the Wonder of Victoria Falls
South Luangwa National Park – Luxury Safari in Zambia's Flagship Park
Day 10 - 11
South Luangwa National Park – Walking Safari and Nighttime Drives
Lower Zambezi National Park – Along the River of a World Heritage Site
Day 13 - 14
Lower Zambezi National Park – Concluding Two Days of Luxury Safari
Livingstone – Departure
- Lose track of your intimate wildlife moments with a full 12 days of safari, spread across four of Southern Africa's most resplendent destinations
- Discover wild Africa from every different angle with a full array of safari activities, from exhilarating drives to sunset cruises and everything in between
- Savor some of Africa's most luxurious lodges, with handpicked accommodation that captures the heart and soothes the soul after days of safari adventure
- Celebrate the best of the Okavango Delta with six days of immersive safari that explores the wildlife on land and water
- Surround yourself with the drama of the big cats with three days on Chief's Island, the big-game heart of the Okavango
- Watch huge herds battle it out on the Duba Plains, an exclusive enclave that brings a new dimension to an Okavango safari
- Spend two nights on an island in the Zambezi River, just upriver from the thrilling beauty of Victoria Falls
- Explore Zambia's flagship safari destination – South Luangwa National Park – where walking safaris and nighttime drives add fresh enchantment to the experience
- Base yourself at a luxury lodge in the World Heritage Lower Zambezi National Park, a sublime base for relaxed boat trips and game drives
$21,445 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.92 stars based on
Reviewed By Philippe G.
Reviewed By Phyllis H.
Reviewed By Rita C.
Reviewed By brad s.
Reviewed By patricia g.
Reviewed By Kathy T.