Africa's landscapes are defined by water, and there is never enough of it. As the water arrives, the great oases of life will flourish in the desert climates. This 10-day safari celebrates the remarkable waters of Africa to showcase the splendor of Okavango Delta, the power of Victoria Falls, and the Selinda Reserve transformed by new water after being dry for decades. With boat safaris and sunset cruises, this safari itinerary combines big game indulgence with the raw beauty of Africa.
Moremi Game Reserve – The Flooded Waterways
As the Okavango River flows, it spreads its wings. Water bursts the banks and cascade east to create lost islands of sand and forest. Mammals follow the flow and skip across the newly-formed Delta. Roads and trails disappear, submerged beneath a few meters of water. The Western Okavango is where the water is at its highest, and it creates an impression of the Delta in quintessence. Your lodge can only be accessed by water so a small motorboat will bring you from the airstrip to a luxury suite built on stilts above the Delta. Exotic birds will flutter past your verandah and mammals will roam beneath your suite to follow the flow of the Okavango.
You will land at Maun International Airport where a representative will assist in transferring you to a light aircraft and an aerial journey that will celebrate the scale of the Delta. Watch as it extends beneath the plane and then admires the intricate details on your boat ride to the lodge. A hippo rolling on a muddy bank, zebras splashing in knee-deep water or two young elephants playfully pushing each other under water. There will be enough time for a short boat safari in the late afternoon, although you may wish to sit back on the verandah and watch the animals as they roam across the water below.
Moremi Game Reserve – Specialist Water Safari
Moremi Game Reserve – Famous Waters of the Okavango
Moremi Game Reserve – Game Drives Through the Delta's Abundant Heart
Selinda Reserve – Exploring The Beauty of Water
Selinda Reserve – Big Game Safari
Livingstone – Relaxed Cruising on the Zambezi River
Livingstone – Intimate Experiences With Victoria Falls
Livingstone – Free Day Along the Zambezi
Livingstone – Departure
- Surround yourself with water in the Okavango Delta as you begin your safari amidst the flooded waterways of Western Okavango
- Explore the Delta in traditional canoes to move slowly and silently to discover the surreal game that's arrived for the bounty of water
- Cross the Okavango Delta by boat on route to Chief's Island, one of the big game safari highlights of Africa
- Game drive across Chief's Island for thrilling encounters with predatory cats and Africa's giants
- Spend time on safari in the private Selinda Reserve, one of Africa's most flourishing landscapes, transformed after the Selinda Spillway started flowing for the first time in decades
- Create your own safari program to mix walking safaris with game drives along the spillway
- Stand before Victoria Falls to feel the power of the waterfall with all of your senses
- Helicopter above Victoria Falls for the most expressive view of its beauty
- Spend time along the Zambezi River and enjoy sunset cruises along this famous waterway
$7,925 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.92 stars based on
Reviewed By Philippe G.
Reviewed By Phyllis H.
Reviewed By Tee B.
Reviewed By Rita C.
Reviewed By brad s.
Reviewed By Bob V.