The Kalahari stretches evocatively across most of Botswana, a redolent desert that's defined by surprise. For this is not just a dusty and deserted desert. The Okavango Delta occupies its heart, a fabulous oasis of life that provides surreal safari experiences. Stunning salt pans flitter where lakes used to be while tumbling rivers create elephant-engulfed woodland. It's all the Kalahari, yet it's all very different. This 11-day safari connects you with each of the eclectic wonders.
Maun to Central Kalahari Game Reserve – Africa's Largest Game Reserve
The Kalahari delights from the air, the colors blurring as they stretch across the desert; rustic orange into glowing yellow, rugged reds into the shimmering mirage of the desert plains. Flying across Botswana in light aircraft isn't just a convenient way of traveling, it's a chance to grasp the astonishing scale of the landscapes. Your international flight arrives in Maun, where a representative assists in the transfer to a small plane bound for the Central Kalahari Game Reserve. You land in big game country, touching down in Africa's largest game reserve. One glance from the luxury camp and you can sense the enormity of it all. An elephant graces the horizon, nomadic giraffes sweep past, and there's an immediate sense of wild the Central Kalahari can be. After landing, the drive to the camp is also a game drive, a chance to spot a few animals before an evening of tranquility at the camp.
Day 2 - 3
Central Kalahari Game Reserve – Classic Desert Safari
Makgadikgadi Pans National Park – Exploring the World's Largest Salt Pan
Day 5 - 6
Moremi Game Reserve – Big Game Kalahari Bliss
Day 7 - 8
Vumbura Plains – Exclusive Oasis Safari
Day 9 - 10
Linyanti Concession – Immersed in the Woodland
Maun – Departure Charms
- Connect the paradigms and trace the wonders of the Kalahari by traveling from dusty plains to salt pans, then onwards through the utopian delta to a flourishing woodland
- Discover the great oasis provided by the Okavango Delta, starting with two days on the big game-rich Moremi Reserve
- Further enhance the intimacy of the Okavango safari with two days of walking and canoe safari at the private Vumbura Plains reserve
- Immerse yourself in the phenomenal scale of the Central Kalahari, Africa's largest game reserve that offers an iconic desert safari experience
- Explore the Makgadikgadi, the world's largest salt pan providing an epic adventure through shimmering whiteness
- Journey out of the Delta and complete the safari with two nights in the wood and grasslands of Linyanti Concession, where giant elephant herds and big cats are the norm
- Fly between safari destinations in light aircraft, enjoying a fabulous impression of the Kalahari and Okavango scale
- Savor private safari experiences and surround yourself with the wild: the game reserves visited are famed for both their diversity and abundance of big mammals
$7,035 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.94 stars based on 302 reviews.
Reviewed By Evan G.
Reviewed By Bettisu C.
Reviewed By Marcia H.
Reviewed By Kathy K.
Reviewed By Janet W.
Reviewed By Brenda W.