Wander past elephants, encounter buffalo herds, and listen to lions roar. On an Okavango walking safari, you become part of the landscape, bringing inspiring encounters with Africa's giants. Using two private concessions, this 10-day itinerary includes five days of exclusive walking safari and an indelible connection with the big and small of the Okavango. It's sandwiched between game drive and mobile camping safaris, taking you further into the land of the giants.
Shinde Concession – Charms of the Okavango
Whether it's your first and fiftieth time, there's always something special about flying into Africa. Perhaps it's the raw landscapes that roll beneath the wingtips. Maybe it's the vast space that surrounds the runway. Most likely it's the exquisite sense of touching down on a land untouched and unchanged. There's the immediate feeling that this is a destination unlike any you have seen before. Botswana and the Okavango excel with these first impressions, enhancing them with the raw scent of adventure. Your international flight lands in Maun, where you transfer onto a light aircraft bound for the Shinde Concession. This domestic flight maximizes the impression of nature's untouched bounty; touch down and it's common to find animals like elephants and buffalo within a few meters of the airstrip.
The camp you will be staying at there is built into the trees, essentially a handful of tented chalets that feel like luxurious tree houses. It's a traditional camp with a variety of extras, like a swimming pool that's regularly visited by elephants. From a private shaded porch, you can gaze over the Okavango, filling your camera roll with shots of elephants, zebras, and giraffes. Check in, check out these views, then spend the afternoon on a leisurely game drive. It's an easy journey, looping through the concession for close encounters with the big game. As it's the first excursion, the focus is on going slow and starting the connection with nature. You'll return to the camp around sunset, where dinner is served beneath the Okavango stars.
Shinde Concession – Mokoro Safari and an Afternoon Game Drive
Day 3 - 4
Shinde Concession – Intimate Walking Safaris
Linyanti Concession – Charming Flight Into the Riverine Woodland
Day 6 - 7
Linyanti Concession – Alone With Nature
Day 8 - 9
Chobe National Park – Mobile Camping Safari
Livingstone – Departure
- Savor the thrills of five days of Botswana walking safari, using two private concessions to take inspiring journeys through the Okavango landscape
- Ease yourself into the Okavango world with two nights at a luxury camp where game drives and boat safaris provide an overview of the big game
- Spend two days wandering through Shinde Concession to the east of the Delta, where every walk brings personal encounters with big and small animals
- Settle into the rhythm of the Linyanti Concession on a 3-day walking safari experience, where it's possible to encounter many of Africa's most famous animals
- See elephants and hippos on foot, along with buffalo, zebra, and a whole array of delightful plains animals
- Stay in mobile camps, simple yet comfortable bases that complete the immersion with the wild
- Complete the safari with two days on a mobile camping safari in Chobe National Park, using game drives to connect intimate accommodation in the bush
- Connect the concession using light aircraft, the fly-in safari style offering wonderful aerial Okavango vistas
$8,835 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.93 stars based on 345 reviews.
Reviewed By Betsy G.
Reviewed By SATHYANARAYANA S.
Reviewed By patricia g.
Reviewed By Danijela Z.
Reviewed By Sarah S.
Reviewed By Jim H.