A bespoke safari that is handcrafted for families seeking to discover the Okavango has more adventure packed into it than you could imagine. Work together as a family to paddle a traditional canoe past hippos, learn how to track game from barefooted bushmen and explore a private wilderness that overflows with wildlife. As you stay in private camps and enjoy a specialist young explorers' program, this 8-day safari will showcase the wilderness with all of its excitement and surprises. From...
Nxaragha Island – Tranquility in the Heart of the Delta
The Okavango floodplains provide a soothing sight after your flight to Botswana. Water extends in all directions, rippling away towards pods of hippos and the odd nomadic elephant. Your safari begins from the camp's wooden verandah as glimpses of Africa's giants occupy the view in every direction. Some animals come closer as a zebra skips past as a large herd of lechwe takes a drink. One of the Okavango's great highlights is the opportunity to spot wild game directly from your camp when you least expect it. It may be a giraffe walking past at dinnertime, or hippos emerging from the water as a buffalo herd comes just beneath your verandah. Especially for children, the safari feels like a constant surprise, which keeps them engaged and interested.
Your international flight will land in Maun, where you will be met by a representative and transferred to a light aircraft. Throughout the safari, you will hop across the Okavango in small chartered planes which dramatically reduces your travel time. What may be 8 hours away by road and boat, is just a 20-minute flight between remote airstrips. Each aerial journey is part of the safari experience as the Okavango stretches out beneath the wingtips with elephant and giraffe spotted from the plane window. You will enjoy an excellent sense of scale, which serves to enhance the sense of intimacy when you touch down on Nxaragha Island.
Nxaragha Island – Classic Okavango Water Safari
Shinde Concession – Your Family's Private Piece of the Okavango
Day 4 - 5
Shinde Concession – Specialist Young Explorers Okavango Safari
Moremi Game Reserve – Aerial Safari and Thrilling Game Drives
Moremi Game Reserve – Relaxed Final Day of Big Game Safari
Moremi Game Reserve – Departure
- Explore the Okavango together to discover the beauty of land and water on a flexible safari program
- Children and parents spend three days on a young explorers' program to learn basic bush survival skills such as how to track and identify game while building a deep respect for both the animals and their environment
- Begin your Botswana experience with two days of iconic Delta safari on an island and camp that is only accessible by water
- Enjoy your own private piece of the Okavango with three nights at an exclusive camp in Shinde Concession, where your family are the only guests and you will explore the bush together
- Savor the beauty and thrills of the Okavango from the air, using light aircraft to hop between the remote camps on the Delta
- Complete your safari adventure in the Moremi Game Reserve, where game drives bring stunning proximity to the big cats
- Every part of the safari is private and completely bespoke with guides who will design your itinerary dependent on your family's interests and mood, as well as the safari environment around you
- Sublime camp accommodation provides an authentic safari under canvas feel, while also maintaining high levels of comfort and service deep in the bush
$10,187 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.93 stars based on 345 reviews.
Reviewed By SATHYANARAYANA S.
Reviewed By Laura C.
Reviewed By Ron S.
Reviewed By patricia g.
Reviewed By Jim H.
Reviewed By Michael P.