Africa’s great safari experiences vary wildly, yet they all share an authenticity that goes beyond the imagination. Gorilla trekking in Rwanda, the elephants of Chobe, the herds in the Serengeti, the Big Five of Ngorongoro, the Okavango oasis and the spectacle of Victoria Falls each bring unique perspectives and experiences. With a span of four countries and 18 days, this safari will showcase the continent’s major highlights for the ultimate first-time adventure into a continent untouched, and...
Arusha - Arrive Beneath Mount Kilimanjaro
Relax on the lodge verandah as you settle into your first night in East Africa. Bushbabies are hooting, their strange shouts echoing from the forest while Mount Kilimanjaro glistens in the distance, its snowy peak clearing of clouds as sunset approaches. A garden of tea and exotic flowers extends below, with your view continuing further into a raw and dusty valley. Your safari has not yet started, but you can immediately feel the allure of nature and the atmosphere of a landscape so alien from what you would have seen before. After a greeting at Kilimanjaro Airport, the lodge is a short transfer away, where dinner is included, and the bushbabies keep you company after dark.
Ngorongoro Crater - Walk Past Baboons and Tree-Climbing Lions to the Crater
Ngorongoro Crater - A Sublime Morning Safari in Africa’s Eden
Serengeti National Park - Tracking the Predators and the Herds
Serengeti National Park - Slow Game Drives Through the Serengeti
Serengeti National Park - Exploring the Central Serengeti
Volcanoes National Park - Game Drive, Moving History, and Onwards to the Gorillas
Volcanoes National Park - An Astonishing Gorilla Trekking Experience
Livingstone - A Second Gorilla Trek and Overnight Flight
Livingstone - Travel and Rest by the Smoke That Thunders
Livingstone - Helicopter Above Victoria Falls and Sunset Cruise on the Zambezi
Chobe National Park - Surrounded by the Elephants
Chobe National Park - Morning, Afternoon, or Evening Drives
Linyanti Concession - The Intimacy of Private Concession Safari
Linyanti Concession - Experience the African Bush at Your Pace
Moremi Game Reserve - Spectacular Flight Over the Delta
Moremi Game Reserve - Final Big-Game Safari Memoirs
Maun - Departure
- Stand before a troop of wild mountain gorillas, amazed at how close you get to the world’s largest primates and then return the next day for a second gorilla trekking experience
- Spend several days exploring the vast grasslands of the Serengeti, in awe at the size of the herds and your intimacy with the predators
- Helicopter above Victoria Falls and then cruise along the Zambezi River as the hippos come out to graze at sunset
- Be surrounded by pachyderms in Botswana’s Chobe National Park, home of the world’s greatest abundance of elephants as some researchers believe there are more than 100,000 in the region
- Descend into Africa’s most surreal environment with a game drive in Ngorongoro Crater, an authentic way to experience Africa’s Big Five
- Gain a sense of history and perspective in Rwanda’s capital Kigali, where the stories can be heartwarming as well as haunting
- Experience the thrill of a private concession safari with a couple of days in Botswana’s Linyanti Concession, for a remarkably close view of Africa’s most famous mammals
- Fly over the epic Okavango Delta, and then settle into a two-day safari in the heart of the oasis, Moremi Game Reserve
- Make incredible memories as your African adventure is about the journey, and there are many memoirs on route including the baboons and tree-climbing lions of Lake Manyara, the charms of the Land of a Thousand Hills and the rivers that preserve so much life on the continent
$19,795 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.92 stars based on
Reviewed By patricia g.
Reviewed By Dave F.
Reviewed By Michael P.
Reviewed By steve s.
Reviewed By SATHYANARAYANA S.
Reviewed By Danijela Z.