Urbane sophistication and the grandness of nature, the epicurean pleasures of a fine glass of wine and the cultural delights of a tango show, the Great Outdoors and the Marvels of Civilization; all of this and more can be found in stupendous South America. From the Andres to the Atlantic, from the Plaza de Armas to the Plaza de Mayo, this is a journey that will stir your imagination and leave you begging for more.
Santiago – Arrival in South America
Touch down on the outskirts of scintillating Santiago, nestled between the calm blue waters of the Pacific, the teeth-like protrusions of the Andes, and filled with culture and history unlike any other Latin American capital. A private driver will be awaiting your arrival and will transport you to your elegant and perfectly located hotel, where you can rest and recover from your long journey before spending the afternoon exploring.
Your expertly guided tour of Santiago begins at the gorgeous Moneda Palace, a neoclassical marvel that is one of the only buildings of its kind on the continent. Turn next to the Plaza de Armas, the heart and soul of Santiago, surrounded by the venerable and august Metropolitan Cathedral, the stately Central Post Office Building, and the colonial Palacio de la Real Audiencia de Santiago. Then make your way to the Parque Forestal, a gorgeous urban park that is home to two of Chile’s greatest art museums, before making the climb up San Cristobal Hill to gain an inspiring panorama of the city below and the ocean beyond. You’ll also tour two of Santiago’s quaintest neighborhoods, the artsy and endearing barrio of Bellavista and the handicraft village of Los Graneros del Alba.
Day 2 - 3
Santiago – Exploring Sensational Santiago
Puerto Varas – The Wonders of Chile
Bariloche – Crossing into Argentina
Bariloche – The Many Charms of Beautiful Bariloche
Buenos Aires – Discovering the Paris of Latin America
Day 8 - 9
Buenos Aires – The Mystique and Romance of Argentine Cowboys
Colonia del Sacramento – A Luxurious Getaway on the Shores of the Rio de la Plata
Day 11 - 12
Montevideo – Encountering Uruguay
Day 13 - 14
Montevideo – An Introduction to Magnificent Montevideo
Day 15 - 16
Iguazu Falls – Turning to a Natural Wonder
Buenos Aires – The Glories of Nature, the Grandeur of Civilization
Buenos Aires – Returning Home
- Explore the best cities and most picturesque countryside of Chile, from spellbinding Santiago to miraculous Valparaiso, to the valleys that produce some of South America’s best wine
- Journey into Chile’s Lakes Region, soaking in the natural beauty and the charm of its people, before crossing into Argentina in inimitable fashion
- Spend some time in Bariloche, the center of Argentina’s wine industry and a true paradise for food lovers and outdoor lovers alike
- Visit brilliant Buenos Aires, one of the most fascinating cities on the planet, where the past comes alive and the present glimmers with the passion of the Paris of Latin America
- Make a brief stop in underrated and overlooked Uruguay, where you’ll find yourself knee deep in history in Colonia del Sacramento and up to your ears in culture in Montevideo
- Experience the unsurpassed splendor of Iguazu Falls, as hundreds of cataracts create an atmosphere that puts the falls at Niagara to shame
South American lovers, rejoice: this comprehensive tour of one of Earth’s great destinations is sure to leave you pulsing with joy and filled with stories that you’ll be telling for the rest of your life. On this 17-day South America itinerary, you’ll be treated to all the highlights of Chile, Argentina, and Uruguay, from the best hotels to the finest wines, to the natural marvels that will leave you speechless, breathless and yearning for more. And with some of the friendliest and most fascinating locals leading you every step of the way, you’re sure to fall in love with this unmatched region.
See the capitals of three mighty and magnificent nations, from the surf of the Pacific crashing off the shores near Santiago, to the pulsing beat of tango music in the streets of Buenos Aires, to the monuments, and to the glorious past in Montevideo. Enjoy the best that Mother Nature has to offer, from the azure lakes and verdant valleys of Chile, to the graceful power of Iguazu Falls. Enjoy fresh seafood and perfectly prepared grass-fed beef, the sumptuous boldness of a Bariloche Malbec and the piquant bite of a Pisco sour. If you’ve ever dreamed of the splendor of Valparaiso and the luxury of Buenos Aires; if you’ve ever yearned for the power of the Andes and the magic of Colonia; if you’ve ever desired a trip that is unlike anything you’ve ever experienced before, then wait no longer, because South America is waiting for you.
$6,439 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.86 stars based on 899 reviews.
Reviewed By Dana S.
Reviewed By Natasha K.
Reviewed By Jarrell T.
Reviewed By Taylor Y.
Reviewed By Michael M.
Reviewed By Cathy G.