Close your tattered history books and dive into the storied past of Peru's ancient Inca Empire. As you make your way from the pristine beaches of Lima to the luscious jungles of Tambopata, from the serene mountain tops of the Andes to the swift river waters of the Sacred Valley, uncover the tales that make each of these places true gems. Observe the captivating mix of prehistoric traditions and post-colonial aesthetics of when the Spanish dropped anchor in the New World. Meanwhile, witness mystical...
Lima - Touchdown and Attend a Ceviche Sampler Event
As your plane descends on the iridescent coastlines of Peru's capital city, you can look out on the picturesque beaches and elegant white skyscrapers. After customs, you will meet your private transport which will accompany you to your hotel in the prestigious neighborhood of Miraflores. You can unwind atop your private balcony or seaside with a refreshing and frothy pisco sour. Paragliders may soar across the horizon while children skip in grassy, public parks and fly kites in the sky. Couples will stroll along the botanical gardens of Parque del Amor before relaxing on beautiful mosaic-tiled benches, and seagulls will coo in the distance while taxis honk their horns along busy city avenues.
In the afternoon, you will join your guide at a nearby restaurant where you will sample perhaps the most emblematic of all Peruvian dishes: ceviche. You will sit in on a cooking demonstration that is led by an expert chef before sampling varieties from Lima's world-renowned restaurants. As you bite into the crunchy layers of pepper, onion, and seafood, tangy lemon-lime juices will overwhelm your taste buds. Later, you will enjoy a peaceful evening walk on the elegant trails above the crashing Pacific Ocean waves. The fresh smell of sea salt in the air is sure to soothe your senses and lull you to sleep as you return to the hotel to prepare for tomorrow’s urban exploration.
Lima - Tour of the City Highlights & National Museum of Archaeology, Anthropology, and History of Peru
Ica - Islas Ballestas and Huacachina Desert Oasis
Ica - UNESCO Nazca Lines and Scenic Wine Tasting
Puno - Lake Titicaca's Uros Floating Islands and Uros Culture Class
Cusco - Market Bartering, Plaza de Armas, and Qorikancha
Cusco - Saqsaywaman and Tambomachay
Sacred Valley - Chinchero, Moray, Maras, and Horseback Riding
Aguas Calientes - Ollantaytambo and Panoramic Train Ride
Aguas Calientes - Expert Tour of Machu Picchu Ruins and Natural Hot Springs
Aguas Calientes - Expert Tour of Machu Picchu and Climb to Huayna Picchu
Tambopata - Animal Sightseeing, Hiking, and Birdwatching
Tambopata - Conservation Center, Ziplining, and Culture Class
Lima - International Departure
- Venture on a tour of the prestigious, post-colonial architecture of Lima and sample citrusy ceviche from world-renowned chefs
- Whiz down the sand dunes of Huacachina and sip on sweet red wines from beautiful vineyards in the Ica province
- Barter your way through the markets of Cusco and visit the famed Inca Empire ruins of Qorikancha, Tambomachay, and Saqsaywaman
- Drift along Lake Titicaca and discover the fascinating origins of the floating Uros Islands
- Jet past the stunning Nazca Lines and spot humpback whales on your luxury cruise to the Islas Ballestas
- Trek through the Amazon Jungle as you birdwatch and learn about inconspicuous and indigenous cultures of the rainforest region
- Summit to Machu Picchu and bathe in the soothing hot springs of Aguas Calientes, which is said to possess medicinal powers
$4,545 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.87 stars based on
Reviewed By Jennifer P.
Reviewed By Elizabeth S.
Reviewed By Henry K.
Reviewed By Jinhee T.
Reviewed By Rochelle C.
Reviewed By Victoria L.