The Okavango wilderness meets contemporary luxury when you stay in the Delta's private concessions and exclusive lodges. Big game wildlife extends in every direction, and you're miles from civilization, but there's still a wonderful sense of opulence. This 11-day safari is for those seeking an authentic Okavango safari with the reassurance provided by lavish private lodges. Stay in private concessions, try all the safari activities, see all the wildlife, and soak up Botswana's exclusivity.
Khwai Concession – Introductions to the Okavango Floodplains
The iconic Okavango impression is of flooded channels and marooned islands, of a landscape where hippos barge past elephants on the banks. It's this postcard image that you find at the Khwai Concession, one of the oldest gazetted areas within the Delta ecosystem. For over 30 years, your river lodge has provided a luxurious base within its local concession, with canvas chalets dotted amongst leadwood trees. Space is paramount here, with each chalet linked by a long wooden walkway above the floodplain. Delightful views come from your private verandah, an opulent en-suite bathroom is nothing like preconceptions of Africa, and the central area includes a lounge, bar, and stylish dining area.
Today you land at Maun International Airport, where you're assisted in transferring to a light aircraft. Part of your camp's exclusivity is its inaccessibility. You cruise above the channels, taking in surreal expressions of nature. Even from the air, the Delta extends beyond the horizon in every direction. Land at your lodge in the late afternoon, where you enjoy a spa treatment on your verandah. As a masseuse alleviates any travel aches, you're getting introduced to the Okavango floodplains, gazing out at passing elephant herds and congregations of wild antelopes. The evening is at your leisure, with dinner beneath the stars in the main part of the camp.
Khwai Concession – Game Drives Through the Okavango
Moremi Game Reserve – Luxury in the Wild Heart of the Okavango
Moremi Game Reserve – Immersed in the Wilderness
Vumbura Reserve – Crossing the Okavango By Boat
Day 6 - 7
Vumbura Reserve – Luxury Safari and Diverse Activities
Selinda Concession – Exclusivity and Opulence in the Selinda Reserve
Day 9 - 10
Selinda Concession – Game Drives and Game Walks
Selinda Concession to Maun – Departure
- Enjoy the Okavango's finest and most exclusive lodge-style accommodation, with four different stops in the Delta
- Spend ten days on safari and get close to all the famous animals, from huge lion prides to mass elephant herds, then aloof leopards to boisterous hippo pods
- Find the rare and unusual sights that make Okavango so special, such as packs of wild dogs and a variety of elusive antelopes
- Start your journey at two of Botswana's flagship luxury lodges, an exclusive offering in the private Khwai Concession and the opulence of found in Moremi Game Reserve
- Take regular game drives across the floodplains and woodland, marveling at the abundance and diversity of giant mammals
- Discover the contemporary luxury of two exclusive camps that invoke the feeling of opulent boutique hotels in the heart of the wilderness
- Eight of the safari days are spent in private concessions, where access to the landscape is limited to just a small handful of guests, and every sighting comes with a sense of exclusivity
- Staying in some of Botswana's finest lodges ensures there's always a wonderful view, with your verandahs overlooking some of the most important waterways in Southern Africa
$15,725 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.93 stars based on
Reviewed By Tracy G.
Reviewed By greg s.
Reviewed By Richard R.
Reviewed By Brenda B.
Reviewed By Dianne C.
Reviewed By Ann T.