Zambia's undiscovered beauty offers a feast for the senses. Seven days in South Luangwa National Park offer a liberating escape into the African bush, one that's packed full of spectacular wildlife encounters. It includes a thrilling four-day walking safari and total immersion in the wilderness. Then enjoy three days at a tree lodge on an island in the Zambezi River, just upstream from the majestic Victoria Falls.
Day 1 - 2
South Luangwa National Park - Thrilling Safari
Many people arrive for a safari in Africa with hopes and dreams about what they will see. It's impossible not to get excited by the thought of what awaits you in a world famous national park. But few people can predict the raw feeling of being on safari and coming face to face with a lion pride or elephant herd. In this pristine wilderness there is nothing but you and them to break the silence. Giraffe stand proud just meters from the safari truck, slowly judging you and then feeding from a tree branch. At first glance you might just see grassy savanna. But look carefully and the leopard reveals itself, then it accelerates into a clearing, chasing a young zebra. As you tuck into a sumptuous dinner, thinking the day is over, an elephant bull slowly crosses the river, its unmistakable shape even more impressive in the dusk light.
You'll be met at Lusaka International Airport and guided to your connecting flight to Mfuwe. This local flight will drop you directly into the African bush. Your first two nights are spent at a luxury chalet overlooking the Luangwa River. Using solar power and blending into its surroundings, there is nothing to interrupt the unforgettable sounds that pierce the air. A lion's roar, a hippo's wheeze-honk, then the early morning drumming of ground hornbill. Many others also provide their telltale sounds to nature's meandering soundtrack. Every chalet has its own wooden deck, offering a private vantage point over anything that comes to drink from the river. Each evening brings a new cast, from basking hippos to hunting crocodiles, elephants crossing, and vibrant, aquatic birds. Two days of game drives will explore the surrounding area as you immerse yourself in this unforgettable animal world. Then, back at the camp, enjoy a stunning outdoor bathtub with thrilling views of a pod of hippos.
South Luangwa National Park - New Experiences
Day 4 - 7
South Luangwa National Park - Unique Walking Safari
Day 8 - 10
Siankaba - The Islands and Victoria Falls
Livingstone - Farewell to Africa!
- Spend seven days at the wildlife rich South Luangwa National Park
- Go on an intimate four day walking safari that passes elephants, hippos, and even lions
- Enjoy four different camps in South Luangwa, each deep within the bush and offering game viewing from your en-suite tent
- Spot great herds of buffalo and elephant, and then marvel at a supporting animal cast that includes leopards, crocodiles, deafening hornbills, and innumerable antelope
- Appreciate the liberation of an untouched wilderness where there are no roads, no motors, but instead the distinct soundtrack of nature
- Spend three days at one of Africa's most charming lodges, the Islands of Siankaba in the middle of the Zambezi River
- Marvel at the majestic Victoria Falls from many different angles
- Take a tour to Livingstone Island on the lip of Victoria Falls, and savor surreal views of what the locals call “the smoke that thunders”
$5,165 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.93 stars based on 256 reviews.
Reviewed By Eliezer B.
Reviewed By Kathy T.
Reviewed By patricia g.
Reviewed By Matthew L.
Reviewed By Michael P.
Reviewed By Kelly R.