Zambia is not just a safari, but an immersion in the raw brilliance of big-game Africa. You will witness leopards, lions, elephant herds, and endemic species, and get even closer on game walks and nighttime drives. Privately guided and handcrafted, this 10-day safari honors the highlights of Zambia and why it is Africa’s next big destination. Four days in South Luangwa are complemented by two days in the Lower Zambezi wetlands and three days in Mosi-oa-Tunya, where rhinos are just up -river from...
South Luangwa National Park – Introduction to the Capital and into the Wilderness
After your arrival in Africa, you will change planes in Zambia’s capital Lusaka, transferring onto a light aircraft that soars north to the Luangwa Valley. It has probably been a long journey to get here, and your first day on safari is very relaxed. Take a short drive into the park and cruise the rutted four-wheel drive trails to your luxury camp. Look down on the waterhole, and elephant and buffalo are among the first of the big animals spotted. Herds of Crawshay’s zebra are close by, an endemic species that will become a regular over the next four days. Rest, relax, and re-energize after the journey with drinks served on your private veranda. The safari has started, and you quickly realize that activities are not necessary to see Africa’s great mammals. In South Luangwa, you can sit back and watch them right from your suite.
South Luangwa National Park – The Surreal Charms of an African Safari
Day 3 - 4
South Luangwa National Park – Private Big-Game Safari
Lower Zambezi National Park – Encountering a New Animal Cast
Lower Zambezi National Park – Boat Safaris in a Lush Wetland Park
Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park – An Afternoon with White Rhinos
Day 8 - 9
Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park – Relaxing on the River and Victoria Falls
Livingstone – Departure
- Africa comes alive from different angles, and Zambia encourages you to explore the breadth of the experience including game drives, nighttime drives, walking safari, boat and canoe safari, plus photography hides, and floodlit waterholes
- Create your own private program of safari activities, tailoring each day to your mood and interests
- Discover the surreal drama of South Luangwa, a flagship park that showcases the raw essence of Africa and its wildlife
- Cruise through Lower Zambezi National Park, two days of safari that reveal a world of bathing hippos, swimming elephants, and marauding buffalos
- Complete the Big Five experience in Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park, encountering a small population of white rhinos from a vehicle and on foot
- Victoria Falls is the unmissable Zambian destination, and you will have two relaxed days to experience the spectacle while relaxing at a Zambezi River lodge
- Soar across the county on light aircraft flights while beautiful vistas extend beneath the wings
- Embrace the feeling that wild Zambia is your own exclusive playground as a private safari allows you to discover areas far from other visitors and vehicles
$12,605 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.93 stars based on 263 reviews.
Reviewed By brad s.
Reviewed By patricia g.
Reviewed By Eliezer B.
Reviewed By Kathy T.
Reviewed By Bob V.
Reviewed By Michael P.