Uganda’s wildlife experiences celebrate the very best of the African continent and its wide range of species. Approach gorillas and chimpanzees on foot, boat through wetlands to hippos and elephants, drive on the savannah to lions and leopards and meet the primates of the Congo Basin. Your handcrafted safari will celebrate all of the angles and the wealth of the country’s animals, mixing iconic experiences with some of the world’s rarest natural encounters, then rounding it all off with days of...
Entebbe – Old-World Uganda Along the Waterfront
Entebbe comes from a forgotten era; the waterfront is dappled by grand colonial mansions and sprawling gardens. Bougainvillea-lined boulevards reveal remnants from the city’s glory days, while beautiful restaurant terraces stretch out along the shores of Lake Victoria. It is a city from the past, neatly preserved because the capital city status moved onwards to Kampala. For a leisurely introduction to Uganda, there is no better destination, Entebbe fusing old-world enchantment with modern facilities and colorful charm. You will be greeted at Entebbe International for the short transfer to the waterfront hotel. The afternoon and evening are at your leisure.
Jinja – Modern City Vibrancy and the Source of the Nile
Jinja – Africa’s Best Whitewater Rafting
Masindi – Tracking Wild Rhinos in the Unique Ziwa Sanctuary
Day 5 - 6
Murchison Falls National Park – Thrilling Big-Game Encounters on Land and Water
Kibale Forest National Park – Getting Up-Close with Central Africa’s Primates
Kibale Forest National Park – Thrilling Chimpanzee Trekking
Semuliki National Park – Dramatic Nighttime Game Drive
Semuliki National Park – Rare Encounters with Chimpanzees
Queen Elizabeth National Park – Brilliant Boat Safari
Queen Elizabeth National Park – Classic Big-Game Savanna Safari
Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park – Following Elephant Trails
Bwindi Impenetrable National Park – Exclusive Uganda Gorilla Trekking
Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park – Second Intimate Gorilla Trek
Day 16 - 17
Lake Bunyonyi – Lounging on the Lakeside
Day 18 - 20
Ssese Islands – Island Escapism on Lake Victoria
Entebbe – Departure
- Discover the authenticity and intimacy of gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park, where you meet two distinctive troops and savor the world’s most unique wildlife encounter
- Compare chimpanzee troops with exclusive tracking activities in the forests of Kibale and Semuliki, meeting a troop who occupies the canopy and another that walks on two legs
- Explore the grandeur of the East African savannah with game drives in Murchison Falls and Queen Elizabeth National Parks, finding tree-climbing lions and migratory elephants amongst over 100 mammal species
- Enjoy exclusive big-game perspectives with relaxed boat safaris, winding down the rivers and appreciating the four-legged giants along the banks
- Uncover the wilderness from new angles with nighttime game drives and walking safaris, each tailored to bring an enhanced intimacy to your experience
- Meet Uganda’s rare primates, including a fabulous collection of monkeys and mangabeys from the Congo Basin, classic Central African species that are difficult to see anywhere else on the planet
- Connect with culture on a tour of old-world colonial Entebbe and new-world Kampala
- Spend a day with white rhinos in the beautiful Ziwa Sanctuary, including on foot to see the giants
- Feel the exhilaration of Africa’s best whitewater rafting on a full-day trip along the River Nile from Jinja
- Complete the ultimate Uganda experience with five days of waterside escapism, first at Lake Bunyonyi and then on Lake Victoria’s remote Ssese Islands
$14,275 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.86 stars based on
Reviewed By carmen c.
Reviewed By Richard K.
Reviewed By Katherine M.
Reviewed By Alexa G.
Reviewed By Shannon B.
Reviewed By Emily F.