Experience the indescribable feeling of a million hooves rumbling across the plains, hearing a silverback beating his chest, and watching the incalculable drama of big cats stalking their prey while the world’s largest primates surround you. The great wildebeest migration and trekking to wild mountain gorillas are Africa’s two most iconic wildlife attractions. You will experience both sensations on this 11-day luxury safari in Uganda and Tanzania. Tailored for travel from December to early March...
Arusha – Arrival and Preparing For the Safari
As you touch down at Kilimanjaro International Airport, you will glimpse the snow-dappled cone of Africa’s highest mountain, before you sneak a peek at Mount Meru and settle into the lush gardens of the lodge. This luxury lodge just outside of Arusha will provide a quiet first night in Africa. When dusk falls, you will start to hear the bushbabies, perhaps even spot their large eyes that shine in the gloom. Two hours later and all will be silent while stillness hangs in the air. Tonight, you will rest, relax, and get ready for the safari adventure that starts tomorrow. Dinner at the lodge will be included.
Tarangire National Park – Beautiful Impressions of the Wild
Ngorongoro Conservation Area – Alone With the Elephants and the Baobabs
Serengeti – Safari in Africa’s Eden and Into the Serengeti
Day 5 - 7
Serengeti – Tracking the Great Wildebeest Migration
Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park – Relaxing Amid the Volcanic Forest
Day 9 - 10
Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park – Incredible Gorilla Trekking
Entebbe – Departure
- Marvel at Tanzania’s scale as you spend four days tracking the great wildebeest migration in the Serengeti, the ungulates kicking up dust as they stretch out in breathtakingly-large herds
- Absorb the exquisite details during two days of gorilla trekking to two very different troops with contrasting behavior
- Follow the big cats throughout all stages of the hunt, from those slowly prowling to those attempting a kill, and the frenzied feeding when a pride rips through a carcass
- Come face to face with gorillas that look straight at you as a brilliant moment of silent communication is shared when you first arrive at the troop
- Begin your exploration of the Serengeti with visits to three stunning destinations: Lake Manyara is a beautiful introduction, elephants in Tarangire surround you, and Ngorongoro Crater celebrates the idea of a natural Eden
- Trek through Uganda’s Bwindi Impenetrable Forest as the trail to the gorillas takes you through a tangled and completely untamed volcanic forest
- Discover the nuances of nature as you track the migration and trek to gorillas, and notice the fearful look in the zebras’ eyes and the antics of a young ape in the trees above your head
- Travel easily between Uganda and Tanzania’s most remote destinations with a new light aircraft service that enables you to swap the Serengeti for Bwindi in just half a day
- Enjoy the exclusivity of your luxury lodges that allow you to lose all your senses in the wild as you watch the migration just by looking out from the camp
$11,545 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.83 stars based on
Reviewed By carmen c.
Reviewed By Christine D.
Reviewed By JEANA L.
Reviewed By Shannon B.
Reviewed By Jose A.
Reviewed By patricia P.