Silence, serenity, and solitude abound in Swedish Lapland, a white wilderness where the aurora dances and the huskies just keep on running for this 8-day vacation. On a dog sledding safari, explore lands that human eyes rarely see, crossing frozen lakes and ancient forests enveloped in snow. Get away and discover a fairytale world where yours are the only marks in the snow.
Stockholm – Sweden’s Charming Capital
Stockholm is a capital city with the atmosphere of a small town. You will stay in Gamla Stan, the old town on an island in the heart of the city. Cobblestone streets take you on a journey past narrow townhouses, each of them painted a different hue. This is Scandinavia from the middle ages with contemporary indulgences all around. With lantern-lit cafes, cozy fine dining restaurants, market squares running alongside waterways, settle in and begin to explore.
Stockholm – Amid Waterways and Museums
Slussfors – Into the Wild Landscape of Swedish Lapland
Swedish Lapland – First Day of the Husky Safari
Swedish Lapland – Dogsledding Through the Wilderness
Slussfors – Traversing Frozen Lakes and Ancient Spruce Forests
Stockholm – Snowmobile Safari and Sami History
Stockholm – Departure
- Embrace the solitude and silence of Swedish Lapland
- Feel a deep connection with nature as you spend four days exploring pristine landscapes
- Learn all about husky sledding and mushing as you drive a champion racing team of dogs through the wilderness
- Bask in traditional wilderness saunas, places to get warm and relax after a day of dog sledding
- Complement the husky adventure with a snowmobile safari out of Vilhelmina
- Discover the charms of the Swedish capital Stockholm, particularly historic Gamla Stan
- Travel to a place that sees very few human faces with most of the dogsledding in Vindelfjallens, Europe’s largest nature reserve
- Spend brilliant nights by the fire and beneath the stars, with the aurora borealis dancing through the sky
- Discover traditional Lappish cuisine, like moose and potatoes fried on an outdoor muurikka
$2,891 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.75 stars based on 51 reviews.
Reviewed By Mark W.
Reviewed By Patti H.
Reviewed By Nila G.
Reviewed By David G.
Reviewed By Judy S.
Reviewed By Lori R.